Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Help me get a grip

amother

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 10:29 pm
okay, posting as amother b/c I am embarrassed over all the meshugas.

we probably have to move for dh's parnassah. one of the possibilities is aliyah and I'm hoping that works out, davening VERY hard for it.

but another possibility is a job that has come up in....burlington, vermont....of all places. there are, b'H, chabad shluchim there. but as for anything else....basically zippo. I'd have to homeschool (have school aged kids), be very limited in playmates, etc. for kids.

plus I'll be giving up a great job of my own and my kids are so happy in their yeshivos right now...

I know we'll probably have to and that my dh is doing the best he can.. but this is making me so depressed.

how am I going to raise shomrim torah in the boonies when I didn't even grow up frum myself?! ugh...

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 10:31 pm
I dont have much to say except that hundreds of ppl have done it...

alpidarkomama

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 1:47 am
Just wanted to add re. homeschooling. Learning at home is a huge undertaking. If you are utterly devoted to it and can put all your personal resources (time, energy) into it, it is a wonderful life. We do it and wouldn't trade our lifestyle for anything. But it is a huge job. If you feel half-hearted about it, don't do it.

grin

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 1:48 am
amother wrote:
okay, posting as amother b/c I am embarrassed over all the meshugas.

we probably have to move for dh's parnassah. one of the possibilities is aliyah and I'm hoping that works out, davening VERY hard for it.

but another possibility is a job that has come up in....burlington, vermont....of all places. there are, b'H, chabad shluchim there. but as for anything else....basically zippo. I'd have to homeschool (have school aged kids), be very limited in playmates, etc. for kids.

plus I'll be giving up a great job of my own and my kids are so happy in their yeshivos right now...
those considerations would be quite serious, to me

amother wrote:
how am I going to raise shomrim torah in the boonies when I didn't even grow up frum myself?! ugh...
as opposed to this one - having not grown up frum yourself makes you better able to rise to this challenge IMO, not less.

louche

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 12:37 pm
No one said it would be easy, but it can be done. It seems to me that ppl I know who grew up frum in places where there is little Jewish life have a far deeper appreciation for Yiddishkeit than those who grew up in all-Jewish enclaves. They don't take anything for granted. For myself, I "feel" more Jewish in the boonies than in all-Jewish enclaves. In an all-Jewish enclave, I'm just Everywoman. In the sticks, I'm a Jew, and I have to work at it. It means more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating