Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
NY: Happy Fashion Week!!

skymile

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 4:44 pm
I work in Manhattan, and EVERY where I go, I see models... do they just parade down the streets to make the rest of us look fat, ugly, short, and out of style?? but then again, I gotta admit they are sooo beautiful!!! I might be materialistic and shallow- but I WISH I even QUALIFIED to be a model!! I'm dead jealous...

Maya

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 4:50 pm
I didn't see any this year yet, but I did see some models last time. I'm not really jealous as they're too tall and unnaturally skinny.

skymile

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 4:51 pm
ahhhh.... if only that were my issue... Wink

smilingmom

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 5:02 pm
I also love hanging around the city during fashion week. I am always hoping that one of the millions of professional photographers around Bryant Park, will snap a pix of me and I will be discovered and cast as the perfect elderly fat lady.

square_peg

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 5:41 pm
I bet they have plenty of "has-beens" for those things as perfect old lady. lol

chayitty

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 5:49 pm
I past by bryant park on sun...massive crowd!...I dont care bout the models.would rather meet the talent

flowerpower

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 5:52 pm
You can also be a model. Starve yourself, hate yourself, have people dress you and apply make up for you, don't be yourself..there you go! How much fun is that?

square_peg

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 7:19 pm
the designers and photographers are definately more interesting than the Models. Well, you can be just as skinny by starving yourself, but you can't be just as tall..

ss321

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 7:31 pm
ITA with boysmommy. I was there on monday. The models were so ugly. and I think I saw gwenyth paltrow (is that how you spell it)? walking in like right off 6th ave. She is much uglier in person, I didnt recognize her, I just heard people saying "thats gw. paltrow..." anyway yea. The fashion designers are much more interesting to me than the models. Anyone can stick their finger down their throat and live off pineapple juice and look like that in not so much time. The photographers and designers (some of htem at least) actually have real talent to share with the world.

in other news, I overheard on the radio a couple days ago, that there is an israeli model agent (forgot what his name is) who is trying to start a "trend" - he refuses to "accept" models who have a BMI of less than.....
I just thought that was kindof funny.
I mean kol hakavod to him for trying to "set the bar" a little higher....

skymile

Post Thu, Feb 19 2009, 9:48 am
I actually find fashion ridiculous and funny!! if I EVER would have worn plaid with stripes, (and don't forget the big hat) I would've been considered loony!! but when someone tall, skinny, and with empty eyes wears them, they are paid big bucks!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics