Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Heimish Shul in Flatbush, Brooklyn - Ave P, East 12th Area?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 7:26 pm
Does anyone know of any Heimish shuls in this area?
How about Mikvahs?
Do you have general info about this neighborhood for me as well? What type of people generally live around here? How Heimish, if at all, is the area?
Thanks!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 7:27 pm
Does anyone know of any Heimish shuls in this area?
How about Mikvahs?
Do you have general info about this neighborhood for me as well? What type of people generally live around here? How Heimish, if at all, is the area?
Thanks!

Pineapple

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:25 pm
There is a shul on coney and o - avrechim

There is on on east 19th and p - not sure about

pgk

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:27 pm
I don't know anything about it, but there's a shul on E 13th between M & N and the Rav, Rabbi Mandel is a Chasidishe Yid. As far as Mikvaos there are many men's mikvaos in the neighborhood and there is the ladies' Mikva on the corner of Avenue L and Ocean Avenue.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:27 pm
Thanks! Anything else about the neighborhood?

tovasmom

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:36 pm
Rabbi Gornish's shul is on Avenue O and 15th Street. close to schools, shopping midway between kings highway and avenue M. very jewish area with diverse types, from chassidish, to yeshivish, to frum sephardic to some modern orthodox too. Rabbi Loshinsky's shul on E18 and P. Tons of little minyanim and big ones too.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:36 pm
I live East 3rd. I think Rabbi Gornish's shul is not far from E. 12th (maybe E. 16th?). His wife has a Friday night mikvah! Otherwise, the Avenue L & Ocean Avenue mikvah is probably most convenient.
I don't really know of people in that exact area, though - sorry

dillie

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:37 pm
rabbi oshry's shul is on east 17th bet o and p, it's a shteibel. there's also an agudah nearby on coney and quentin ( or close to it) that's a pretty serious place.
I'm guessing there are also a half dozen other places within 5 blocks that no one's mentioned.
mittelman's grocery is right around the corner, the proprietor is a very nice satmar lady, they stock nearly everything.
the people I know who are in the nabe are mostly yeshivish, not chassidish. definitely not fancy. it's friendly, but it's flatbush- meaning, it might take you a while to make friends. helps if you have little kids and you move in before the summer so they can play with others on the block.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:44 pm
Thanks all!
Does anyone know if Bais Yaakov of BP provides private transportation from Flatbush?

Pineapple

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:46 pm
THere are busses to the 30's for BYBP

dillie

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:49 pm
They definitely provide, I'm not sure if they go to that nabe. Call and find out.
Lots of girls nearby go to BYA, Bnos Bais Yaakov, and a few others which are really close. If your girls are young you might want to consider switching them so they'll have friends in the neighborhood on shabbos.

Sleep

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:51 pm
They definately have busing from that area to BYBP-I know some families in that area that send to bybp on the busses-so that part should be OK!

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:52 pm
My dd is starting nursery next year. We registered for BYBP. What is Bnos Bais Yaakov like? What other school options are there?

Pineapple

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:54 pm
Bnos Bais yaakov is in Far Rockaway What

pgk

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 8:56 pm
I think she means Bnos Yisroel (Bnos Bais Yaakov is in Far Rockaway AFAIK). I know that they are having a pretty big incoming class, so if you are even considering them, give them a call ASAP. They have a nice group of kids mostly from more Yeshivish homes, but not all. As far as Flatbush schools go they are probably more to the lower end when it comes to fanciness (meaning you do not need to run out and buy your kids the latest brands that are on the market).

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 9:03 pm
prospect park is pretty close

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 9:11 pm
dillie wrote:
it's friendly, but it's flatbush- meaning, it might take you a while to make friends. helps if

What is that supposed to mean Confused

amother

Post Sun, Feb 22 2009, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
dillie wrote:
it's friendly, but it's flatbush- meaning, it might take you a while to make friends. helps if

What is that supposed to mean Confused

OP here. I know what this means. It's like my current BP block. Smile

dillie

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 3:15 pm
pgk wrote:
I think she means Bnos Yisroel

I did, thanks for correcting me!

as for what I meant by flatbush not being super friendly- well, it's not. I'm a flatbush girl, I don't like people bashing it either, but it's going to take op a lot longer to get friendly with a block in flatbush than a block out of town. just saying.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating