Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Would you wear maternity when not pg?
1  2  Next

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 12:57 pm
I did the nuttiest thing today but didn't have much of a choice.

I have a wedding monday and my velvet shirt is really short on me that I felt I couldn't wear that, so I had seen one last week but by the time I wanted to get it the store had returned it to the manufacturer, though I think it may also have been short.

so being that I'm very tall, I opeted to check out a maternity store.... so I went today to one store and before I came I warned her I'm not pg.. when she saw me she's like wow, your so tall, it must be impossible to find clothes.. (which it is)

I tried on an extra large... huh, it fit was roomy, though not too much.... so I suppose that's where I'll be shopping from now on LOL Very Happy Wink Bh it didn't look huge on me...

Barbara

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 1:05 pm
I've heard of women who carry their weight in the front shopping in maternity stores. If you like it and it looks good on you, why not? I don't walk around with a sign saying *this skirt is size 12 purchased at Syms* so I don't see why there's any need for you to advertise where you got your shirt. If someone asks, just tell them its a little out of the way boutique where you sometimes find the most amazing things.

Enjoy it, or as my grandmother used to say, wear it well, tear it well.

louche

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 1:17 pm
one designer's "maternity" is another designer's "relaxed fit". If it doesn't make you look pg when you're not , wear what you like.

I will never understand women who wear those little smock tops that come into style about every 20 years and would make an earthworm look pregnant. Most of the pregnant people of my generation are trying to look LESS pregnant--why would someone who isn't wear something that makes her look YES pregnant?

bnm

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 1:20 pm
nothing else fits and I don't want to shop for a new wardrobe, so yes I would

Mommastuff

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 1:22 pm
Since most maternity clothes are fitted and roomy in the belly, I like to wear them so my post-baby-belly-that-never-went-away won't stick out and make me look like I should be expecting.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 1:23 pm
As long as it doesn't make you look pregnant, why not?

Dini

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 1:30 pm
If it doesn't make you look pregnant that big deal.

The thing is that with the style now, the babydoll tops etc. I am always worried that s/o would think I'm pregnant and say something to me. I don't care if they think but if they say something I would b really embarrassed.

bluesclues

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 1:31 pm
no

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 1:36 pm
it';s a plain shirt which I'm wearing underneath something else...

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 1:57 pm
I have a long sleeve t-shirt that accidentlyu didn't get put away with the maternity stuff and I've been wearing it. It's flattering and doesn't make me look pregnant, why not?

Temilia

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 1:58 pm
my younger single sister, was wearing a great pencil skirt the other day. When I asked her where she got it she told me the maternity store. shock She said all of her (also single) friends have it.

So I guess you are not the only non pregnant person shopping in maternity stores.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 1:59 pm
I wore a maternity slip for a long time after a baby...ditto a long black cardigan.

I would wear maternity support hose if they fit better than what I currently wear; I tried it and no go.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 2:08 pm
I wore a sweater once after ds was born, it didn't look maternity and I needed to loose weight.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 2:17 pm
I wear maternity skirts all the time.. more confy...

just that maternity costs double...

Dini

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 2:19 pm
lol, that is what I told my sister when she told me to wear a belt with one of my tops that are loose and can be mistaken for maternity.

Razzle

Post Wed, Mar 04 2009, 8:41 pm
bs'd

I actually have a lot of single friends that shop in maternity stores/aisles. I've tried it before too but it's just too expensive

raizs

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 7:06 am
These days - anything goes!
Go into any fashionable store these days (not maternity) - and you'll see maternity style stuff
The 'coolest' people, size 2 and down, are wearing this swingy baby doll look
It's very 'in' (tho don't ask me my personal opinion!!)
So....go ahead! Why not?!

BZBEE

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 11:00 am
Although the style right now is the maternity look, I cannot wear it.
It makes me look like I'm very pregnant.
I will always make sure that whatever I buy cuts in the right place and is the right style for my figure. I find that some people, no matter what figure they have, will just wear a wig or outfit that totally does not suit them, as long as it's fashionable.
I do have a friend who get away with any style. She's a size 2, and wears all these dresses, with the flowy, maternity look adn does not look pg at all

frumluv

Post Thu, Mar 05 2009, 11:08 am
Yes I would & have. I bought a 3/4 top from Zara & it happened to be maternity (had no idea they sold maternity). If it's on sale & doesn't make it obvious then sure. Target usually marks down Liza Lange stuff low too.

Coffee3

Post Wed, Mar 11 2009, 9:53 am
I had some plain black skirts in tshirt material and elastic waist. I havent seen them anywhere except for at a maternity store. I would love to get that kind of skirt again but besides that I'm not spending money now, I would be embarrased to go into the store. I get enough comments as it is.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics