Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Costume...

shmaichul

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:34 pm
Not sure why I didnt think of this earlier, but does anyone have any ideas for a costume for my 7mo old dd? pref something that isnt too much work... Thanks a ton!!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:34 pm
You prefer to make something over buying?

shmaichul

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:44 pm
well I dont want to spend loads of money but I also dont really want to make something from scratch... I really shouldve thought abt it in oct but who thinks about purim then! LOL

greentiger

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 12:42 pm
Are you in Israel? I have an infant girl costume I'd be happy to lend out.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 12:56 pm
Check out the local purim store. Sometimes you can find a cute custume that isn't too expensive.

shmaichul

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 1:06 pm
thanks green tiger but im not in israel but it was a good thought! I also dont live in ny or anywhere like that so no purim stores around here! I actually went to party city yesterday but the cheapest was 30... seems kinda a waste to spend so much... any other ideas?

Emee

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 1:13 pm
check your phone book for other costume stores. You could also try used clothing stores you may find something. Do you know how to sew? my baby was a doctor last year with green scrubs and a stethoscope.

stargazer

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 1:24 pm
Check online, do a google search for baby costumes.
I ordered from costumecraze.com and they had lots of good sales.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Feb 25 2009, 7:00 pm
My infants I always dressed as the opposite gender so they looked cute, purimdig, and were comfortable.

Some of my kids were under a month old on Purim, o I did buy once for $12 a soft bib & matching hat which hat, in colorful stripes. A proper clown but all sift and perfect for a newborn. We would put it on only when bubbe walked into the room, and schlep it off LOL

greentiger

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 8:02 am
Emee wrote:
check your phone book for other costume stores. You could also try used clothing stores you may find something. Do you know how to sew? my baby was a doctor last year with green scrubs and a stethoscope.

My baby costume is a mermaid that was on sale for $5 in Old Navy. If you have a Disney store anywhere nearby thats also a great place to look.

cl

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 8:31 am
when DS was 6weeks old he was a racing-car driver, it was just a snow-suit in red with race-car emblems and numbers on it, so he was comfortable but I felt like he was dressed up.

for a girl u cud make her a ballerina or fairy, she cud wear a pink undershirt with tights and hairband an the only thing u wud need 2 buy or make is a tutu (skirt out of netting with elsastic wasit-band) or fairy wings (cud prob buy cheap). she cud be queen esther in a fancy shabbos dress an make/buy a crown. a king, borrow a boys shabbos outfit from a friend and make a crown. a cowgirl in plaid shirt, bandanna and jeans n cowboy hat if she can keep it on (at least for the photos!)

morkush

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 8:37 am
Get a white baby-grow. Glue gun on silver rhinestines. Buy light pink tulle and make it into a skirt. With a white/pink hairband. And you have a ballerina! Or instead of tehe skirt buy pink wings, for a fairy.

shmaichul

Post Thu, Feb 26 2009, 10:26 am
Thank you so much for all the ideas! should be able to come up with something from all these...

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics