Home

Tomato Salad recipe needed

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


3Qts




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 12:47 pm
Does anyone have a good tomato salad recipe? The one I am thinking about has tomatoes and red onions otherwise I am not sure what to put in.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 12:52 pm
I don't have an exact recipe, but I used to make thin tomato slices, thin slices red onion, apple cider vinegar or wine vinegar, salt, pepper... maybe some garlic and dill?
Back to top

3Qts




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 12:56 pm
Thanks so much. can you tell me approx how much vinegar?
Back to top

firetruck




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 1:15 pm
Here's the recipe that I use:

Slice tomatoes and onion

Dressing:
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup oil (I use 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup oil)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlice powder

I think it may also call for chives that I never use.

Good luck
Back to top

3Qts




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 3:12 pm
Firetruck thanks!!
Will let you know how it came out.
Back to top

mama-star




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 3:14 pm
you are not going to believe this...I was just coming on to imamother to ask if anyone had any good tomato recipes b/c I have TONS of tomatoes!! how funny!!!

hashgocho protis! gut shabbos to all!
Back to top

Fabulous




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 3:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I don't have an exact recipe, but I used to make thin tomato slices, thin slices red onion, apple cider vinegar or wine vinegar, salt, pepper... maybe some garlic and dill?


I do the same except instead of the vinegar, I do a little olive oil and it's always a hit
Back to top

Chocoholic




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Mar 06 2009, 3:46 pm
mama-star wrote:
you are not going to believe this...I was just coming on to imamother to ask if anyone had any good tomato recipes b/c I have TONS of tomatoes!! how funny!!!

hashgocho protis! gut shabbos to all!


Try shakshuka! Or some homemade tomato soup...
Back to top

miriamg




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jan 22 2010, 3:13 am
I'd like to try this recipe - I have a ton of tomatoes.

How do you slice the tomatoes, into thins circles? Does this work with beef tomatoes?

thanks!
Back to top

MetroMom




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jan 22 2010, 3:32 am
It's actually one of my favorite salads.....
Back to top

BeershevaBubby




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jan 22 2010, 3:39 am
My standard tomato salad is tomatoes, scallions, sliced and pitted green olives, pine nuts, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Back to top

soulful music




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jan 22 2010, 9:49 am
YESHASettler wrote:
My standard tomato salad is tomatoes, scallions, sliced and pitted green olives, pine nuts, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.


Thanks that sounds delicious and healthy -no sugar.

I also make a salad with:
sliced tomatoes,sliced onions, salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jan 22 2010, 10:22 am
miriamg wrote:
I'd like to try this recipe - I have a ton of tomatoes.

How do you slice the tomatoes, into thins circles? Does this work with beef tomatoes?

thanks!

Yes, thin circles. Beef tomatoes work well.
Back to top

Flowerpot




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jan 22 2010, 10:46 am
ra_mom wrote:
miriamg wrote:
I'd like to try this recipe - I have a ton of tomatoes.

How do you slice the tomatoes, into thins circles? Does this work with beef tomatoes?

thanks!

Yes, thin circles. Beef tomatoes work well.


If its large tomatoes cut them first in half or even quarters so it should be easy to eat.
Back to top

Israeli Mother




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Jan 23 2010, 3:04 pm
3Qts wrote:
Does anyone have a good tomato salad recipe? The one I am thinking about has tomatoes and red onions otherwise I am not sure what to put in.


Our favorite tomato salad has as many tomatoes as you wish [diced], a number of fresh cloves of garlic [also finely diced], tons of cumin [more than you can imagine], some jalapeno pepper [cut up small], lemon juice from a fresh lemon [not a bottle], salt, and olive oil and maybe a dash of pepper.

Another way to make it if you are not into spices at all is to dice tomatos and put in olive oil and salt and pepper and lemon juice and some finely diced fresh garlic cloves.
Back to top

member




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 1:18 pm
firetruck wrote:
Here's the recipe that I use:

Slice tomatoes and onion

Dressing:
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup oil (I use 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup oil)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlice powder

I think it may also call for chives that I never use.

Good luck

Would you or someone else be able to answer me about how many tomatoes to use for this dressing?
Also, can I dice the tomatoes instead of slice?
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Chizuk needed: Pls. remind me why we have kids
by amother
96 Today at 2:40 am View last post
Monsey- Musician and Photographer needed
by amother
1 Yesterday at 12:42 am View last post
Healthyish Donut Recipe?
by Bruria
4 Mon, Nov 29 2021, 6:23 pm View last post
ISO recipe for easy savory cheese latkes 3 Mon, Nov 29 2021, 1:05 pm View last post
Shape of a Number sandwich cookie cake recipe 1 Sun, Nov 28 2021, 12:18 pm View last post