Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Things you've found while pesach cleaning :)
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

mommyla

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 8:54 am
I found the pacis that my baby has been stashing throughout the house. But of course I bought more in the meantime, so now we have waaaay too many pacis!

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 9:10 am
I just found socks from someone who stayed by us MONTHS ago. I'm so embarrassed and confused how I never saw them. (They were labeled with the kid's name) I also found another sock that doesn't belong to us. Weird. Now, do I return the socks to the family we hosted for? They're going to think I'm crazy, AND, not a good cleaner since I just found them.

etky

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 9:25 am
My wedding ring - about 10 years ago, after I had lost a lot of weight, my ring was loose on me and must have slipped off my finger sometime during the winter. I searched high and low, hung up notices around the neighborhood etc. A couple of weeks before Pessach, lo and behold, there it was at the bottom of the kids' toy box! Thank goodness for Pessach cleaning.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 11:07 am
Make up, shoes, books, luggage undone yet from the summer...

ms5771

Post Sat, Mar 21 2015, 2:22 pm
Someone moving back to chutz la'aretz gave us all their milchig kitchen things (bowls, utensils, cutting board, etc)... except, they're all red. Every year we put it away on a shelf, and every year come pesach I find it and say, I can't use this! And put it back until the next year. (I don't want to have utensils that will mix up the kids when they get older.. and myself...)

One erev pesach many years ago, I randomly found an entire box of FLOUR (yes, flour) in my bedroom closet. (I was single then living in a small basement apartment when I was just becoming frum during college. It was my first time pesach cleaning...)

mom2u

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 8:49 pm
Found my cordless Phone stuck in my couch I've been looking for it the last few weeks. Now I wish I can find my diamond bracelet and kedusha ring. Ring I lost in my old apartment I think it fell behind the counters, I don't think I'll ever find it. My bracelet is still a mystery it's 6 years now, but you never know.

L K

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:05 pm
Cookies in one of my bags, I wasn't even cleaning it, just came across a pekeleh.

Hoping to find my ring that fell on the floor and mysteriously disappeared almost a year ago.

tf

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:16 pm
goodheart wrote:
I havent found anything yet/because I didn't start.
Help Banging head Help Help Help Help

Who says you had to start already? Want some tips? I'll start another thread on that

tf

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:52 pm
Pineapple wrote:
Oh and I found all my old college text books

I dont knwo what to do with them Sad

I've got those too. When you find a solution, let me know. Ty Lady

tf

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 10:57 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
I just found socks from someone who stayed by us MONTHS ago. I'm so embarrassed and confused how I never saw them. (They were labeled with the kid's name) I also found another sock that doesn't belong to us. Weird. Now, do I return the socks to the family we hosted for? They're going to think I'm crazy, AND, not a good cleaner since I just found them.

Return them to their rightful owner. It happens to the BEST of us.

tf

Post Sun, Mar 11 2018, 11:01 pm
SomebodyElse wrote:
Dissection and alcohol and a million q-tips. See louche's detailed instructions.

I spent like a whole day cleaning my keyboard the first year we stayed home Pesach. I felt very accomplished. Idea The next year we spent $10 to get a Pesach keyboard from Target.

Sell it over pesach and forget about cleaning it. Whatever goes easily, fine. The rest puter an eisik.

BadTichelDay

Post Mon, Mar 12 2018, 3:16 am
An archeological excavation under the couch yesterday yielded:
- A Shabbat earring that had been missing for several months
- 3 pacifiers
- 5 toy cars
- a package of oatmeal from 2015 (where did that come from?!)
-a missing pair of dd's shoes
- a dozen or so of pens, pencils etc.
- a spare key for our post box (how useful! I already had planned to get a copy of the regular one)
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics