Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What's so great about Mineral Makeup?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

staten islander

Post Tue, Mar 17 2009, 7:18 pm
Yeah, yo can go to Sephora and they will color match the foundation for you. The great thing about Sephora is their return policy. Even if you have been using a product for a while, and I stops working for you, you can return, open and used

Butterfly

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 4:00 pm
I need a good moisturizer for my skin and eyes. I am over forty five.. I have quite nice skin, but my frown lines are pretty deep, and my chin neck area is beginning to sag slightly.

Since I was reading here between the posts, about the mineral make-ups.. Bare Minerals.. I am tempted to try their products..
Would anyone recommend it in my case? Is it really safer for the skin than brand name make-ups?

I just looked into SEPHORA.com. They are advertising a starter kit from Bare Escentuals, brushes and all for $60.00 dollars.. (a $175. value.. so they claim.) Is it a smart investment? or is it best to buy just what I need in particular, like foundation, blush. How would I know what color to buy, when normally it should be matched 'personally' to the skin.
I normally use the med. beige color from a name brand co.

Mamabear, did you ever try to 'physically' compare the products you buy from Everyday Minerals, to the Bare Escentuals?
Quite a difference in price shock

realeez

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 4:08 pm
Butterfly wrote:
I need a good moisturizer for my skin and eyes. I am over forty five.. I have quite nice skin, but my frown lines are pretty deep, and my chin neck area is beginning to sag slightly.

Since I was reading here between the posts, about the mineral make-ups.. Bare Minerals.. I am tempted to try their products..
Would anyone recommend it in my case? Is it really safer for the skin than brand name make-ups?

I just looked into SEPHORA.com. They are advertising a starter kit from Bare Escentuals, brushes and all for $60.00 dollars.. (a $175. value.. so they claim.) Is it a smart investment? or is it best to buy just what I need in particular, like foundation, blush. How would I know what color to buy, when normally it should be matched 'personally' to the skin.
I normally use the med. beige color from a name brand co.

Mamabear, did you ever try to 'physically' compare the products you buy from Everyday Minerals, to the Bare Escentuals?
Quite a difference in price shock

The kits are the best bet for bare escentuals. If you buy from sephora, if you don't like it, you can return it within a couple of months.

orchidmom

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 4:55 pm
great topic as I am looking for a new foundation now.

the only thing that worries me about powder mineral foundations is that they finish a lot quicker. is this true or am I completely wrong?

Maya

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 5:04 pm
I am going to try liquid mineral foundation for the summer.

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 5:17 pm
orchidmom wrote:

the only thing that worries me about powder mineral foundations is that they finish a lot quicker. is this true or am I completely wrong?

I've had mine for about 4 or 5 months and use it almost every day. I bought the bare escentuals starter kit which has 2 pots of foundation, blush, and a top coat powder plus brushes and some other stuff, and except for the top copat powder which spilled when I left the lid not screwed properly, I still have lots left.

Butterfly

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 5:44 pm
Maya wrote:

Why are u choosing to buy the liquid ones for the summer, and where do you buy them? what company?

Maya

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 5:54 pm
Butterfly wrote:
Maya wrote:

Why are u choosing to buy the liquid ones for the summer, and where do you buy them? what company?
I want to try Estee Lauder's new line of mineral makeup. It comes in a liquid and powder. I want something that's sheer coverage, and this might be it.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 6:06 pm
I bought all this bare escental stuff - it turns out that I was allergic to it, and they took it all back, so that was nice. But, be careful if your skin is sensitive.

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 6:10 pm
anyone use other mineral makeup apart from foundation and blush? I'm wondering if their eye make up is worth getting, or should I just stick with regular brands for that?

realeez

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 6:15 pm
Raisin wrote:
anyone use other mineral makeup apart from foundation and blush? I'm wondering if their eye make up is worth getting, or should I just stick with regular brands for that?

I now use pretty much everything from BE - eye colours, radiances, mascara - although I do like a light looking mascara and overall use Neutrogenia Lash Tint. I like their lip glosses called Buxom but don't love the one lipstick I own from them.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 6:17 pm
I got foundation today and they told me the new version has minerals in it and it's good for my skin. Will see if it really is better.

realeez

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 6:18 pm
orchidmom wrote:

Once I got the hang of how little you actually need, my foundations have lasted me months and months! Back in January, I ordered off of ebay a new foundation since I thought mine was looking on the low end and I am still using it!

orchidmom

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 6:29 pm
thanks realeez and raisin.

for all of you who only like cream foundations I have found that laura mercier is great. not too cakey.

faigie

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 6:37 pm
Im the makeup artist who markets the shabbat minerals.
NO they are not chaulky in the least.
the issue with mineral makeup being ok for shabbat, is an issue of tzoveah. not oil, but the tenacity of the color.
NOT all makeup in powder form is OK for shabbat!!!!
I have so many people on the stuff, its amazing. from teenagers to bubbies.
yeah ........ I use it every day myself!

Butterfly

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 6:41 pm
orchidmom wrote:

for all of you who only like cream foundations I have found that laura mercier is great. not too cakey.

Are BE minerals somewhat cakey? are laura mercier also 'mineral' foundations? Where do you purchase them. I still didn't make my final decision what to buy..

Thanks everyone for all your inputs

realeez

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 7:58 pm
Butterfly wrote:
orchidmom wrote:

Are BE minerals somewhat cakey? ...
Thanks everyone for all your inputs

At the beginning of my entry to the BE world, I for sure made BE look cakey. Once you get used to it (and watch the video of how to apply it) you see that adding more isn't changing much. If you need more, you do it in layers and the buffing really does a lot for you. (And I have what to cover!)

Here's a youtube video on it done by the CEO Leslie Blodgett - you get this video or similar in a starter kit.

Mirabelle

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 8:04 pm
My Bare Minerals has never looked cakey...I love how it looks on me! Try it and you will be impressed.

For eye shadows and lipsticks I prefer MAC...but for foundation there is none better.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 8:18 pm
Raisin wrote:

I got their eyeshadow to wear on shabos but I often find it on my face instead. Sad

Butterfly

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 8:24 pm
Thank you so much Realeez, Wow! The clips are very interesting and very impressive.

I guess it takes some time to get the right handle on applying the powders. The results look so amazing..

I think I'm ready to order..

Thanx again
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics