Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What are you buying for Pesach outfit?
1  2  Next

levial

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 3:35 pm
Ok..I am trying to get psyched up. I bought DH a nice shirt and tie...I'm working on a dress for DD...
BUT WHAT SHOULD I BUY?

I've not seen anything in stores I like. Give me an idea of what you're buying yourself for an outfit. I promise not to copy!

Marion

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 3:38 pm
I'm not buying. I'm digging out that skirt that has been in my closet since last winter that needs to have a panel put into the slit and I'm having the alteration done. Much cheaper than finding the time to look for something I won't like.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 3:40 pm
I havent the faintest, and I doubt im gonna end up getting anything. I got a new mitpachat. anywho I dont know your style or where you are located but arent there any stores out there where you can buy a nice top and skirt to go with? what about a new pair of shoes? or maybe a shabbos robe? again I dont know what lines your looking along but just some ideas. think of what you need and would want and work from there. pamper yourself!

Chocoholic

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 3:42 pm
Nothing yet. Maybe I won't. But I hope I can get a new outfit.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 3:42 pm
maybe I'll get a skirt that matches a jacket that I bought last year for yom tov before I realized I would be wearing maternity already.

supermama2

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 3:45 pm
Any suggestions on places for tznius maternity? I can find basic T's and the like but as far as Shabbos/Yom tov, I haven't found anything yet. Oh and I'm not in E.Y. or N.Y.... LOL

amother

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 3:47 pm
Sorry I can't help. I need to hide a pregnancy that is only going to be 10 weeks old but is already very noticable.

Can you go to a store with a helpfull storekeeper, when it is not busy, without your DD. I find that if I have someone pull together an outfit for me I do the best. I'm horrible at matching things up.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 3:48 pm
SarahO. wrote:
Any suggestions on places for tznius maternity? I can find basic T's and the like but as far as Shabbos/Yom tov, I haven't found anything yet. Oh and I'm not in E.Y. or N.Y.... LOL

check out Old Navy - they have a very cute black dress that may cover your knees - online only. Also Motherhood maternity may have some stuff

chaylizi

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 3:48 pm
there used to be several links on imamother. I can't remember the names though. google tznius maternity. I think there are several brooklyn stores that sell onlien & ship nationally.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 3:52 pm
levial wrote:
Ok..I am trying to get psyched up. I bought DH a nice shirt and tie...I'm working on a dress for DD...
BUT WHAT SHOULD I BUY?

I've not seen anything in stores I like. Give me an idea of what you're buying yourself for an outfit. I promise not to copy!

I just bnought some nice knee lenght skirts (here's one: http://www.marksandspencer.com.....age=2 )

which I wear with a plain black top. if you can find a nice chiffony floral (or other design) skirt, then get something to go with it.

levial

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 4:19 pm
Thanks all. I am feeling FRUMpy if you know what I mean. Last time I ventured into the Frum shopping store, I was intimidated. Mind you I can navigate the mall like no one's business, but when I am asked what help I want I feel bad if I don't buy something (spend 30 min helping me to no avail...)

Here's why
1.) I hate describing what I'm looking for. First of all, I don't like to spend $180 for a skirt that should cost $60. So even if I find "the skirt" I feel bad for spending so much- should I just try to find it at TJ Maxx. If I knew what I was looking for I'd find it.
2.) I hate announcing my size to someone. I mean, you can see right? Help me out here - make me look thinner...don't make me go 2 sizes up because your goods are garment district junior sizes
3.) I hate when I can't navigate the store, but the saleswoman does... (I want to try a shabbos robe -not sure if I'm the type, but if I try one on, will I feel bad for spending so much?).
4.) I feel like I'm not the type.
Rack 1: Crown Heights wedding gowns - and if you're looking we know you are not sophisticated, why are you not renting from a gemach
Rack 2: Matrons of the Mikveh committee suits
Rack 3: Hot Chanie rack- everything you like isn't in your size.
Rack 4: Skirts? We got skirts. They're all black and who knows what will look good on you, just sit back and be overwhelmed
Rack 5: Things that you like but are $200 more expensive than you want to spend.
Rack 6: Things on sale you have no business buying but you start there in the hopes of not spending too much.

So I think what I need is help with a skirt and top. I like an A-line, mid calf so I can be on the floor with dd and not feel exposed. I would like help with the color. I wear black a lot, and don't want to always wear black...but that's basically the starting point. I don't want to buy something so distinctive that I stick out (oh what a lovely lemongrass sweater, Mrs Obama...) or that it is easily recognized (does she wear that every shabbos?) Something in a good fabric- not too casual (this is my same old weekday top) but then again is not too shiny, embellished, in a word, formal....and it should make me 10 pounds thinner, 10 years younger, and vaccuum the floor before shabbos.

Thanks for letting me work it out - and keep the ideas coming. I'm getting the courage to go to the frum store where I know I can find something.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 4:24 pm
I'm also not getting clothes or a robe. I got a dimaond bracelet though.

pinkbubbles

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 5:48 pm
If it helps you, here are 2 dresses I bought from Bannana Republic. I hope they fit and are long enough!

A little more than I wanted to spend, but $90 is better than £90!

I dont have shoes to match the first one, oh well. Hope I can find some nice well priced ones before Pesach.
Oh and obviously I'll be wearing a shirt under each dress.

zigi

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 6:05 pm
wow! the pink one is really cute!

heffer569

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 6:05 pm
pinkbubbles wrote:
If it helps you, here are 2 dresses I bought from Bannana Republic. I hope they fit and are long enough!

A little more than I wanted to spend, but $90 is better than £90!

I dont have shoes to match the first one, oh well. Hope I can find some nice well priced ones before Pesach.
Oh and obviously I'll be wearing a shirt under each dress.

I LOVE the pink dress I was at banana and didnt see it I think ill look online.

As for clothes for yom tov yes I got clothes got lots of clothes but they are all black every single piece. So I doubt it will help you. But u can try Junee or Tabeez they are both online and have nice stuff. I got a few skirts from Elzee but I dont know if they have a website or Ship. I also got 2 dresses from Fashion Island they were a little expensive about 300 each but they are timeless and I know ill get alot of wear out of them.

pinkbubbles

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 6:26 pm
thanks! I loved them and I hope they're as nice in real life.
I was looking for good summery light colors and fabrics. I'm so sick of black and gray! Its all the stores seem to have.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 6:39 pm
Food vs. clothes, I choose food.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 7:17 pm
Seersucker is a very cool, light summer fabric. I may purchase this seersucker dress from togshop.com:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also bought a few pairs of "Sleevies" from a neighbor's home business to try and make a few dresses that I haven't worn in years more tzanua.

supermama2

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 7:32 pm
umm how short does one need to be for the pink dress?

supermama2

Post Tue, Mar 24 2009, 7:36 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Seersucker is a very cool, light summer fabric. I may purchase this seersucker dress from togshop.com:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also bought a few pairs of "Sleevies" from a neighbor's home business to try and make a few dresses that I haven't worn in years more tzanua.

Thanks for the link. I like lots of their things. I'm all about comfort Smile Problem is...what size do I get for maternity?? 1x? XL? L? yikes..
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics