Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Preschool application

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 6:41 pm
so I just filled out an application for my son's nursery school next year (later than others are applying, I know) and they asked for the parents' place of birth and year of arrival in the usa. is this a typical question? just curious. this is before any interview process, I wonder why they need this info to consider you for an interview.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 8:23 pm
shock It sounds like your filling out a birth certificate application

I think it is strange

Mommastuff

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 8:34 pm
they might just want to get a "feel" for the grandparents. Maybe to get to know where your haskafah comes from or maybe to know for when they do a project on grandparents. who knows!

My dds applications asked for other info on the grandparents, including hebrew names and addresses.

louche

Post Fri, Mar 27 2009, 9:10 am
Mommastuff wrote:
they might just want to get a "feel" for the grandparents. Maybe to get to know where your haskafah comes from or maybe to know for when they do a project on grandparents. who knows!

My dds applications asked for other info on the grandparents, including hebrew names and addresses.

the grandparents info is for fundraising. they will send letters to the grandparents, sometimes with pics of the kid.

as for the parents, they want to be prepared. Interviewing the child of Russians who arrived here 6 months ago is different from israelis who have been here for 30 years. They COULD have worded it as "what languages are spoken in the home" and "how long has the family been living in this country", which might sound a little nicer but amounts to the same thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics