Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Yummy Pesach Duck Sauce made w minimal ingredients!
Previous  1  2  3

Tamiri

Post Sun, Apr 08 2012, 2:56 pm
smss wrote:
I could only find powdered ginger, not the real stuff.
do you know how much I should use?
It's not the same. Get real ginger in a big supermarket (cold produce section) or a health food store. You can get a tiny knob for your purpose, peel it and chop in a blender or food processor. Or, get a larger piece, chop, use what you need for the sauce and freeze the rest to use year-round, which is what I do - I always have frozen chopped ginger in the freezer.

cookielady

Post Sun, Apr 08 2012, 9:37 pm
At first I couldn't find this recipe. Now that I have it someone will make it right away.thanks RA!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 08 2012, 10:39 pm
smss wrote:
I could only find powdered ginger, not the real stuff.
do you know how much I should use?
Not the same, but if that's all you have I would definitely still use it.
Just sprinkle some in, and taste.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Sep 18 2018, 7:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 4:46 pm
OP: once the sauce has thickened, how long should it then bake/cook on the chicken? The whole time? My chicken is already in the oven for 1 1/2 hours so I'm wondering if I should prepare the sauce still for this chicken or reserve this for the 2nd days for the Fri night chicken.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 24 2013, 4:56 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
OP: once the sauce has thickened, how long should it then bake/cook on the chicken? The whole time? My chicken is already in the oven for 1 1/2 hours so I'm wondering if I should prepare the sauce still for this chicken or reserve this for the 2nd days for the Fri night chicken.
I cooked the chicken with the duck sauce the whole time. It browned nicely like regular duck sauce.

chaya35

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 1:43 pm
ra-mom would love to try this recipe. How did you cook the chicken? Also do you think I can add potatoes so I can have a one pot supper?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 1:55 pm
chaya35 wrote:
ra-mom would love to try this recipe. How did you cook the chicken? Also do you think I can add potatoes so I can have a one pot supper?
Cook the chicken the way you usually do. You can do 350 covered for 1-1 1/2 hours and then uncovered for half hour.
And you can definitely add potatoes. If you place them underneath the chicken it will take longer to cook, if you use a big enough pan and place the potatoes on the sides of the chicken/everything in one even layer, you can bake for around the same amount of time. Sweet potatoes are nice with duck sauce chicken. Or two colors of potatoes.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Sep 18 2018, 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

chaya35

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 3:33 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Cook the chicken the way you usually do. You can do 350 covered for 1-1 1/2 hours and then uncovered for half hour.
And you can definately add potatoes. If you place them underneath the chicken it will take longer to cook, if you use a big enough pan and place the potatoes on the sides of the chicken/everything in one even layer, you can bake for around the same amount of time. Sweet potatoes are nice with duck sauce chicken. Or two colors of potatoes.

Thanks. Did you every try doing it on the stove?

Pineapple

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 3:34 pm
chaya35 wrote:
Thanks. Did you every try doing it on the stove?

I make chicken on the stove all the time

It should definitely work

Just put everything in pot bring to a boil then simmer/low flame for 1.5-2 hours

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 9:08 pm
bump

is this sauce good for cutlets or slices and f chicken roast?
should I warm it up in this or drizzle before serving?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 9:11 pm
amother Red wrote:
bump

is this sauce good for cutlets or slices and f chicken roast?
should I warm it up in this or drizzle before serving?

All of the above.
Not for serving cold. Warm with the sauce. And if you can, pour sauce on top and brown in the oven.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 9:13 pm
ra_mom wrote:
All of the above.
Not for serving cold. Warm with the sauce. And if you can, pour sauce on top and brown in the oven.

yum, thanks!
so glad I found this

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Apr 14 2024, 9:46 pm
While I don’t mind this sauce, I found that making a fruit jam out of plums, peaches or both. Is a more effective duck sauce option. And has multiple pesach uses…

Since the original duck sauce is made with fruit jam, vinegar, chili pepper, and ginger….I wish someone would help me figure out the substitution.

So I made peach/plum jam with lemon and sugar…
Then I can grate in some ginger….some more lemon juice…and maybe some peeled jalapeños pepper?

I use very limited ingredients…

dena613

Post Today at 1:19 am
How much chicken does the recipe cover? Two 9*13 pans?

Should I double the recipe if I want to keep it to make it more than once?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics