Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Sephardic Food
Hawaich

Twoisacharm

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 11:20 am
dont know if this has been answered b4 but does anyone have the recipe for Hawaich??? its the spice blend that yeminite food is full of!!!! delicious btw had it on chicken yesterday but the cook didnt want to give up the recipe Sad

Tamiri

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 11:24 am
There are different types of hawaij: for tea, for soup, maybe for chicken and fish. It's a combo of spices and you can buy them in the supermarkets here or the shuk. I imagine some Brooklyn stores have the spice mixes as well.

Twoisacharm

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 11:26 am
im in upstate new york - almost 1.5 hrs away from brklyn - I thought I cud make my own?!?!?!! ah well mayb next time I go into brklyn il find it

thanks!!

Tamiri

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 11:29 am
Here's a recipe http://www.recipezaar.com/Hawa.....90246

Twoisacharm

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 3:48 pm
thanks!!!! I hope its the same as the one I had yesterday it was soooooo good LOL

SarahMiriam

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 2:21 am
בס“ד

I've got the recipe for fish hawaidj and chicken hawaidj.... I once had the one for coffee too....maybe I still do. I can look around. If so, anyone want it?

- Sarah

Mrs Bissli

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 3:18 am
Is the one for coffee have cardamon? If so I'd love to have one.

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, Jun 21 2009, 6:06 am
Any place that has Pereg spices has these things already made, but get it as fresh as possible. Each family does it a little different. My sil's gm used to grind spices for the whole family before Pesach. Now that she passed away they buy Pereg, as do I.

imaof7

Post Mon, Jun 22 2009, 1:56 am
It's also very good in soup, I put it in my chicken soup for Shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics