Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight-loss Buddies
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Chani

Post Mon, May 29 2006, 8:00 am
Was 229
Now 204
Goal 129

I had a really good week. I had plateaued for quite a while then suddenly lost 3 lbs. One fourth of the way to goal...

BlumaG

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 12:46 pm
I was 238 right b4 birth
I was 208 two weeks later
I am now 175.5
took me a year
goal:157 - wedding weight
2nd goal: 140

Blossom

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 4:45 pm
Do we need a buddy or I can join just like that?

Was-120
Now-155
Goal-115

That's a whole lot of 40 lb!! Goodness Gracious.

Flowerchild

Post Tue, May 30 2006, 6:16 pm
blossom I am close to the weight you have and I am trying to lose similar amounts, we can be buddies if you want. and you can have all the dark choc. you want Wink

Sparkle

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 2:51 am
Was: 152
Now: 145
Goal: 135

I was exercising and counting calories but now that I seem to have hit some sort of plateau the past month - I've lost all cheishek! Help anyone?

elisecohen

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 6:47 am
Whatever the charts might say, that may be a normal weight for you. Otherwise, it may be that you have to bump up the exercise even more. I was about 240 (I think--didn't get on the scale much now), now am about 132, "ideal weight" I've been told would be about 127, but I really seem to hold onto that 5 lbs--I jog, eat fairly carefully, take walks during the day, am in this for the long term, but my natural healthy weight seems to be more around 132 not 127. I keep on a fair amount of muscle (joys of PCOS etc), so I figure that's part of it.

OTOH, I have the metabolism of a SLUG no matter how much I exercise! I hate it, the not being able to eat as much as I want when other people can eat so much more!

BlumaG

Post Wed, May 31 2006, 6:28 pm
elise 240 or 140???
if 240 thats a whole load of weight to lose, how did u do it?

Blossom

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 1:03 am
Lillyofthevalley aww thanks, that's awfully nice, and I'll let you have as many milk chocolates as you want Wink .

OK, I think we'll make good buddies. So how does the buddy system work. Is it like a competition? Do we have to post our weight weekly?

A little explanation would be much appreciated .

Chani

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 7:45 am
Stepped on the scale this morning expecting the worst after the ice cream social at our neighbor's Friday... and yippee (!) - lost another three pounds!

Was 229
Now 201
Goal 129
Mini-goal 185 by Rosh Hashana

I really am beginning to think that I can do it. My old clothes are falling off of me, and my DH told me to go buy some new things Very Happy I went shopping last Sunday and I'm definitely a couple of sizes smaller than I was before.

elisecohen

Post Sun, Jun 04 2006, 7:56 am
BlumaG, no misprint, I was 240 (a few people on this list knew me then and can verify). January 1, 2004 I joined a 12 step program and within a few days began to eat abstinently for the first time in my life. I worked seriously on weight loss for a few months, got pregnant with my 5th child, and lost the last 25 lbs or so after he was born.

I was always a person who just sort of ate contantly. When I had medicine to be taken "on an empty stomach" I couldn't figure out when I would take it--not eat for 3 hours at a time at all? Even if I had a medicine that called for not eating for 1/2 an hour I couldn't imagine what to do!

Now I eat 3 meals a day, nothing in between except occasionally a small snack (a piece of fruit) if I am truly hungry more than an hour before meal time. I don't eat sweets (I ate enough during my first 35 years or so to last decades; maybe when I'm 70 or so I'll go back). I take one serving of what I serve at meals, eat it, and I'm done. Other than avoiding sweets and a couple of other things like pizza and pasta with tomato sauce, which I can't eat in reasonable amounts, I pretty much eat everything, I just don't keep eating and eating just because the food is there. I also exercise daily, which I absolutely have to do because otherwise my slug-like metabolism won't even let me eat normally. I go to my 12 step meetings, and I work my program, and I have maintained a normal weight (and a lot more sanity in my life) for a couple of years now, thank G-d.

cl

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 9:05 am
Blossom - Hi and welcome to weight-loss buddies. Basically u just need 2 post ur weight once a week. That is a good motivator when ur reaching for the chocolate! You can choose one specific person with similar weight and goals as u to be ur No.1 Buddy but we're all here to encourage each other, no matter if its 5ibs or 105ibs.

Elise - Congrats on the weight loss, thats amazing. My goal weight was 128 but seemed stuck at 133 for months, similar to you, an finally thank G-d, I'm 130, so nearly there... I've got my water bottle on the desk next 2 me an sipping slowly so that shud help.

BlumaG - im sure u'll reach ur goal weight soon, u did so good till now:)

Blossom

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 10:20 am
Do you weigh yourself with a doctor scales or do you all have scales at home?
I have one but it is a cheap -schmatta- one that is not really accurate. I wouldn't really be able to rely on it for my weight loss calculations. What does everyone else do?
Thanks for sharing.

miriam

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 10:25 am
We have a digital scale.

happymom

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 10:43 am
blossom thats what I had so I got a nice new one that actually works Wink

cl

Post Wed, Jun 07 2006, 5:28 pm
I got a gorgeous glass digital one as a wedding gift (it was on my list so I wasnt offended!) I dont think it matters what u use as long as u use the same one every time wearing about the same amount of clothes (top tip: your clothes add a couple of pounds!)

bh613

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 5:56 pm
embarrassed I am new to this forum and do not know if my weight is too high to join. I weigh 230 and need to lose about 80 pounds. Could I join? I understand that I post once weekly. Do I need to know anything else?
Thank you,
Miriam Confused

Chani

Post Wed, Jun 14 2006, 7:35 pm
Miriam, you're starting exactly where I did in January. No problem!

Start 229
Now 201
Goal 129

Argh - stayed the same although it seems like all I ate was "sparse" as my DH calls it.

suomynona

Post Thu, Jun 15 2006, 12:01 pm
I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I lost about 12 lbs. in the winter, but since then I haven't been dieting.
Just started again this week. My goal is to lose a pound a week for the next 2 months ( I have a family wedding).
I bought myself a digital scale, and I am logging every single thing I eat and adding up calories per day.

Was: 148 (2 months post partum)
Now: 137
Goal: 130 (by middle of Aug.)
Long term goal: 120

suomynona

Post Fri, Jun 16 2006, 2:54 am
Can someone help me out here?
I'm trying to add up my calories from yesterday and I can't figure out how many calories a slice of salmon has. From what I see on the internet, it looks like a lot!
Also, what about chicken soup with the fat skimmed off?

Nachisdoll

Post Fri, Jun 16 2006, 6:10 pm
Anyone here on south beach the online addition? I love it! its helpful...the weighloss is slow but steady....

pre baby 165
9th month a wooping 210
now 178
goal by my babys first bday....mid aug id like to be back to 165
and eventually one day 148 my goal!
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise