Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Neighbors....

amother

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 7:48 pm
I keep hearing them!! its driving me nuts! part of it because its gross.. but most importantly because it should be the most private holy thing between a couple that I shouldnt know about..
(im not worried that they hear us because we managed to not be loud as we often have guest over)
donno what to do! (I know there isnt anything for me to do really.. except make myself believe that its probably the tv) which is not.. because they dont have one.
help im very close friends w her and I hate knowing more than I need to!!

SZ mother

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 7:51 pm
Just mention to them that yo ucan hear other things, and your friend will probably figure it out..... Don't make her feel bad though, not worth it.!

amother

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 7:52 pm
If you really don't want to hear it, either turn the music on then, do laundry- washing machines can make a lot of noise- or do something else to distract you...

JC

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 8:00 pm
Well clearly she doesnt need the info on the other thread! LOL

Not much you can do without embarrassing her. Even if you found a tactful way of mentioning it to her the likely outcome would not be a good one. Aside from the obvious embarrassment it might truly adversely affect something wonderful and ruin it for her. It would ruin it forever for me, I dont think I could ever do it again if my neighbor mentioned she heard us, I would be so self conscious.

We are all adults its just one of those things that happens when we live right on top of each other. Why dont you find a tapestry for the wall to absorb the sound or turn on the radio.

amother

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 8:07 pm
I woudl NEVER tell her.. that would be the biggest busha ever!
I cant make niose either cuz then I have to deal w baby waking up.
also I donno exactly what time they plan on doing it so I wont have the radio on all night every night.. I guess there is really no solution.. just feel extreamlly emberrased that I knwo exactly what goes on..

cassandra

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 8:09 pm
How about a fan or an air purifier? These create white noise but will make it harder to hear outside.

yentadevosha

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 8:24 pm
I don't really have any advice for you. It just reminds me of the country!

soulful music

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 9:01 pm
Why not use a white noise machine in the room that you overhear them. It could be on in the evenings.

Clarissa

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 9:03 pm
Stop by to borrow a cup of sugar. Say, "You like that brand of dishwashing liquid? So do I! Oh, and by the way, I like to have my neck nibbled, too. Thanks for the sugar!"

She'll figure it out.

louche

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 9:04 pm
I suppose you could tell her her radio disturbs you at night when you're trying to sleep and could they turn it down. Otherwise there's really nothing you can do. You CANNOT tell them you heard them at play!!!!

erm...how do you know they have no TV in their bedroom?

amother

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 9:12 pm
Say nothing, do nothing!!
Many years ago we heard what sounded like a dog yelping and a women yelling "Stop it! Stop it". Being concerned neighbors we called the cops (anonymously).
We nearly died of embarrassment when we found out it was a just a couple at 'play'.

dimples

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 9:15 pm
maybe tell her in general that sometimes she plays her radio/stereo too loudly at times, maybe she'll keep that in mind the next time they get busy.

ValleyMom

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 9:44 pm
STOP listening!!!!
Seriously how loud is she??
Get an IPOD for goodness sakes. Listen to a shiur with headphones....
OR... YOU can start moaning loudly and see IF she can hear you?????!!!
When we lived in an apartment we didnt hear moaning we heard the floor creaking repeatedly.
DH and I would lay in bed staring at the ceiling waiting for them to finish...
Thank g-d we bought ahouse!

traveler

Post Sun, May 10 2009, 10:33 pm
I always wonder if my neighbors hear. We definitely hear them in the living room and kitchen. They have mentioned to me they hear me sometimes when I am playing with my baby in his room. BUT and that is a big but they also always tell us that they have a Fan in their bedroom so they don't hear a thing. I just hope they really have that fan on. Very Happy

Aribenj

Post Mon, May 11 2009, 2:57 pm
hmmm... maybe slip an anonymous letter under her door?

amother

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 5:52 pm
Disclaimer: I do NOT reccommend this method!

I heard of a person who was having a problem with noisy neighbors, and didn't know how to discuss the problem. They got a tape recorder and recorded the noises one night. The next day, they placed the tape recorder in front of the neighbor's door, knocked, pushed play, and ran like heck!

No more noise problems.

Now, this was a friend of a friend story, so it may be an urban legend. Still, it's kinda funny to think about, isn't it? Very Happy

Chocoholic

Post Wed, May 20 2009, 6:01 pm
If you tell them, in whatever way, you will harm their intimate life. Don't tell. Don't listen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette