Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Chore Regimine

Roche

Post Sun, May 17 2009, 11:37 pm
Who here has special laundry and bath days??? I do laundry when I need it and baths I sorta have a schedule??? Im not really good at keeping to a chore list.. what does everyone else do??

SingALong

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 12:53 am
I find it easier to do 1-2 loads of laundry per day, and fold as they come out of the dryer, it doesnt take that long only 10-15 minutes to fold and put away. I'd rather that than 1 laundry day of constant neverending folding and putting away.

linen I do every tuesday/wednesday, I put a new set on my bed and fold away the washed one the next day.

my kids get a bath everyday, but sometimes I'll skip washing hair if they didnt shvitz.
Mon. Weds and Friday I focus cleaning on downstairs kitchen, DR/LR, playroom. with minor straightening up on TUes. and Thurs.

I do bathrooms and bedrooms on TUEs and thursday with minor straightening up on Mon/Wed/Fri. its flexible, if I cant do something one day I adjust but this gives mea basic guideline

alpidarkomama

Post Tue, May 19 2009, 3:26 am
I used to do all the laundry in one long marathon on Sunday, then dump it all into a big (giant!!) pile and sort and fold it. But this would take 2-3 hours! Then it never seemed to quite get put away before I started the next Sunday marathon. I recently started doing it differently, and it's much better...

By the drier, I started keeping a laundry basket for each person, plus one for upstairs miscellaneous and one for downstairs miscellaneous. As stuff comes out of the drier I turn it right side out and sort it on the spot. Most of the girls' clothes and all of the boys' shirts now get hung up (every closet has 2 rows of closet poles + 3 shelves above), so I'm not really folding anything any more either. As a basket fills up with clean clothes, the lucky owner gets to put it away (unless they're 4 or younger!). I run laundry through here and there. I also got each wardrobe down to a 7-day supply for the basics. They always know where to find something clean if it hasn't been put back yet, or if it just came out of the drier the night before.

Another thing I do is to group like chores, like clean all the mirrors/glass at once in the whole house - takes 15-20 minutes.

The best thing I do - train the kids from a very young age to make chores part of the daily routine. Even if it takes 2x (or more!) as long with them helping or doing it instead of you, it will pay back BIG TIME when they are older. It becomes a habit.

The second best thing - declutter every nook and cranny and get rid of surfaces that attract clutter (little tables, chairs in your bedroom, a stand in the bathroom, etc.). We did this, and it made a HUGE difference in how easy it was to keep the house clean. Our toy supply is quite small - a box of trains, a box of blocks, one small box of miscellaneous toys, a games cupboard and their IMAGINATION. Smile

Time for sleep.....

I also try to swish out the bathroom most mornings (5 minutes for sink and toilet). Keeps it clean and fresh.

Ahhhhhh.... always working to minimize and make chores more efficient.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics