Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Tips for having lots of kids in a small apartment
Previous  1  2  3  4

Tamiri

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 1:33 am
Tacky as it may seem, it may be a good idea to hint to well-meaning relatives that it's time to change over to the money (savings account) system, rather than the toy system, as gifts for your children. I did that because after so many kids, there is (1) nothing more they really need or can use (2) no more space. It's insane to keep buying shelving or a bigger house just for *stuff*.

Mrs.K

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 2:57 am
GR wrote:

I like that cabinet, Mrs. K., but are you sure it won't fall? I'm paranoid about these things.

It's very sturdy. It's not one of those install-it-yourself-with-a-hammer things, they come down and spend an hour drilling etc. to install.

I know what you're saying though, I don't think I'd be comfortable putting a bed or crib under there, but anything else underneath is fine by me. Every now and then I'll try to shake it to see if it's even a tiny bit loose, but it won't move.

queen

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 8:48 am
neat thread concept GR Smile after yom tov I will probably read it.
(not sure if poster already mentioned this) but in your best interest to be a major DECLUTTERER!!!!

gryp

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 9:03 am
Tamiri wrote:
Tacky as it may seem, it may be a good idea to hint to well-meaning relatives that it's time to change over to the money (savings account) system, rather than the toy system, as gifts for your children. I did that because after so many kids, there is (1) nothing more they really need or can use (2) no more space. It's insane to keep buying shelving or a bigger house just for *stuff*.

I don't think I can ever do that, but I might just make a rule that whoever brings something has to take one other thing back with them. LOL

Merrymom

Post Sun, May 31 2009, 11:31 pm
I don't have a tiny house but I do have alot of children (bayh"), so this is what I do.

The kids can only play in their rooms all week long and on Shabbos/Shabbat they can bring their toys out to the living room. We clean up before they have their Shabbos party which is usually the time when guests start coming over so it is controlled somewhat. I also keep all board and card games up high on a shelf. In order to get a second one they must clean up the first one and make a trade. It works for me!

gryp

Post Wed, Jun 03 2009, 10:35 am
I got rid of my swing and exersaucer. They're in such good condition even after 4 kids, and I hope someone finds it and uses it well. I don't even care if they sell it on ebay, I just wanted it out of my house already.

Now I can go stock up on diapers and wipes, LOL. I have where to put them.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics