Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Fye...cringe-worthy stories
1  2  Next

devy88

Post Tue, May 26 2009, 8:01 pm
well, as you can probably guess-I've posted this topic purely as entertainment. anyone have any cringe-worthy stories they would like to share? (I'm bored...)

the only one that constantly comes to my mind is when I remember what happened when I was only working for a few weeks...I had no idea that bosses could read private e-mails if they were sent on the company e-mail addresses, so I sent some deeply personal e-mails to my sisters and to others...only to see my boss reading them later on in the day (I recognized the color and type of my e-mails). to this day, every time I think about what I wrote I just wanna sink into the earth and disappear embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

mimivan

Post Tue, May 26 2009, 8:08 pm
Once when I was new in a neighborhood, I got into an argument with a woman in a post office...it was embarrassing and silly...then I later realized this woman was my upstairs neighbor!!! (boy did that teach me a lesson)

I avoided her and avoided her until Erev Y.K when I apologized but she claimed she had forgotten all about it..

wanderer

Post Tue, May 26 2009, 10:56 pm
I once sent a test message (quite personal) that I had written for dh to one of my friends instead. embarrassed I really hope she forgot.

bnm

Post Tue, May 26 2009, 10:58 pm
my brightly colored slip fell down in middle of 13th avenue. I was walking and found it at my feet.

Falafel

Post Tue, May 26 2009, 11:01 pm
walking down the main avenue (kingston, for those CHers) when my thigh high fell down to my ankle.
it was summertime. my skirt was mid-calf!

mimivan

Post Tue, May 26 2009, 11:22 pm
I've told this story several times here...but here we go...

I was walking with my baby in the stroller late at night and a tree grabbed my sheitel...I didn't notice until I felt a sudden cold wind in my hair (HAIR? Ah Panic!)...I saw my sheitel on a low lying branch and quickly grabbed it and put it on my head.

The only person on the street was another frum woman across the street..

lech lecha08

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 7:47 am
My 3 yo refers to my chest as "ema milks" since that's where the baby gets her milk from. Well I was getting her into pjs in front of my mil and she kept showing mil her "dolly milks". I wanted to sink through the floor.

maidale

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 7:52 am
lech lecha08 wrote:
My 3 yo refers to my chest as "ema milks" since that's where the baby gets her milk from. Well I was getting her into pjs in front of my mil and she kept showing mil her "dolly milks". I wanted to sink through the floor.

This is actually quite cute...

devy88

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 9:56 am
mimivan wrote:

I was walking with my baby in the stroller late at night and a tree grabbed my sheitel...I didn't notice until I felt a sudden cold wind in my hair (HAIR? Ah Panic!)...I saw my sheitel on a low lying branch and quickly grabbed it and put it on my head.

well, my oldest sister has actually had it worse than that. she was walking down 13TH AVENUE in BP and her sheitel flew off and she had to chase it across the street! yikes...thank goodness that hasn't happened to me lol

yersp

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 11:09 am
mimivan wrote:

you should know, ever since you originally posted the story I've become very wary of low lying branches. I will walk around it or hold on to the front of my shaitel just in case.

pinchanygo

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 3:14 pm
devy88 wrote:
mimivan wrote:

well, my oldest sister has actually had it worse than that. she was walking down 13TH AVENUE in BP and her sheitel flew off and she had to chase it across the street! yikes...thank goodness that hasn't happened to me lol

I lived accross the street from a Yeshiva and we had just gotten home from shabbos and my hands and my DH's hands were full and my snood which had netting on it got caught in a branch. We were so stunned we just stood there for a minutes until my DH dropped everything and jumped up and grabbed the tree branch and pulled my snood out. Yes there there bochurim standing around it was lovely.

octopus

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 4:02 pm
I would write my story, but it's not anonymous posting. it is truly cringe worthy and I'm still cringing till this day. oh well.

devy88

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 4:22 pm
I guess it's kind of ironic that I posted about this topic eysterday. since this is what happened today:

I had booked tickets for two of my bosses to go somewhere on business and today when I went to double-check the itinerary, I saw that I BOOKED IT FOR THE WRONG MONTH!!!!!!! shock shock shock (non-refundable, of course Crying )

I'm still not funny recovered, I spent the entire first half of hte morning on my phone, made my sister crazy (she works for a travel agent), cried to expedia, cried to delta, cried to my boss....bottom line, it's about $400 more expensive than it hsould have been.

gosh, what a day. I just wanna pack myelf into bed and sleep

mimivan

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 6:01 pm
Buhlight wrote:
mimivan wrote:

you should know, ever since you originally posted the story I've become very wary of low lying branches. I will walk around it or hold on to the front of my shaitel just in case.
\

glad my story could help others! Very Happy

Dance2it

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 6:19 pm
When I was newly married, (around 2 weeks, I still had long hair) I was getting ready to go out with DH, I checked myself in the mirror, thought I looked great and went to the car to meet DH. We lived in a an apartment building, I waved to my new neighbors and was wondering why they were staring at me. Got into the car and realized my mistake, forgot to put on any head covering!! B"H it was still jacket weather, I pulled it over my head and did the walk of shame past the neighbors. embarrassed

Raizle

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 6:26 pm
Dance2it wrote:
When I was newly married, (around 2 weeks, I still had long hair) I was getting ready to go out with DH, I checked myself in the mirror, thought I looked great and went to the car to meet DH. We lived in a an apartment building, I waved to my new neighbors and was wondering why they were staring at me. Got into the car and realized my mistake, forgot to put on any head covering!! B"H it was still jacket weather, I pulled it over my head and did the walk of shame past the neighbors. embarrassed
in my first year of marriage I had nightmares about having gone to shul without a sheitle. The problems was I wasn't sure if it were a dream or real and it took me a long time to convince myself that it didn't actually happen.

louche

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 7:00 pm
"when in doubt, throw it out" goes double if the elastic on your underpants looks a little tired... 'Nuff said!

baschabad

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 7:07 pm
louche wrote:
"when in doubt, throw it out" goes double if the elastic on your underpants looks a little tired... 'Nuff said!

ouch! shock

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 9:02 pm
I went to the mikvah in my ninth month and the robe barely met around the belly area. When the attendant came to get me, I was sitting down. I didn’t realize until I got up that the robe had split open giving her a perfect vertical panorama.

myfriends715

Post Wed, May 27 2009, 9:15 pm
after having my kids I could barely ever get out of the house.. I needed to take them to the dr for their 1 month check so after abt an hr we finally left I got 1/2 way to his office only to realize there was nothing on my head!!! I pulled dd size preemie strechy and attempted to wrap it around my head and sped home.. of course hitting every red light.. ppl were giving me funny looks as to why there was a strechy on my head
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics