Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Fye...cringe-worthy stories
Previous  1  2

devy88

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 11:02 am
devy88 wrote:
I guess it's kind of ironic that I posted about this topic eysterday. since this is what happened today:

I had booked tickets for two of my bosses to go somewhere on business and today when I went to double-check the itinerary, I saw that I BOOKED IT FOR THE WRONG MONTH!!!!!!! shock shock shock (non-refundable, of course Crying )

I'm still not funny recovered, I spent the entire first half of hte morning on my phone, made my sister crazy (she works for a travel agent), cried to expedia, cried to delta, cried to my boss....bottom line, it's about $400 more expensive than it hsould have been.

gosh, what a day. I just wanna pack myelf into bed and sleep

hey, can I add another element to the story? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes disclaimer: THE FOLLOWING IS COMPLETELY TRUE

as I was relating this HYSTERICAL Tongue Out story to my sisters and mom yesterday, I get a call from my boss. he's looking over his new itinerary, and he sees that I booked his ticket UNDER MY OWN NAME. I swear, I wanted to just fold myslef into the fetal position and stay on the floor....but luckily, my sister was there and she called jet blue and this is what they said, and I quote "I relayed the panic in your voice to my supervisor and she's decided to do it for you just this once"

Banging head

let's just suffice it to say, I am NOT going to be booking tickets for my boss anymore (or anyone for that matter!)

Gotcha!

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 11:18 am
devy88 R u pregnant????

curlytop

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 11:27 am
myfriends715 wrote:
after having my kids I could barely ever get out of the house.. I needed to take them to the dr for their 1 month check so after abt an hr we finally left I got 1/2 way to his office only to realize there was nothing on my head!!! I pulled dd size preemie strechy and attempted to wrap it around my head and sped home.. of course hitting every red light.. ppl were giving me funny looks as to why there was a strechy on my head

OMG I did the same thing...
After having my second it took us FOREVER to get the kids ready in the morning, my husband went out with the kids and I came out a minute later. He started motioning to me, with this look of shock on his face. I had no idea what he was trying to say. It took him a minute to verbalize it. You are not wearing anything on your head, go back in nowwwwwwww. Thank god I didn't get as far as you but it was pretty nuts!

devy88

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 11:28 am
Gotcha! wrote:
devy88 R u pregnant????

y do you ask lol??? is this what prengnat women go through? if so, ur scaring me for the future!!!!!!!!!!!! shock shock shock

Fabulous

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 11:29 am
devy88 wrote:
Gotcha! wrote:
devy88 R u pregnant????

y do you ask lol??? is this what prengnat women go through? if so, ur scaring me for the future!!!!!!!!!!!! shock shock shock

Yes, it's called pregnancy brain (or at least, that's what I call it)!

devy88

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 11:30 am
Fabulous wrote:
devy88 wrote:
Gotcha! wrote:
devy88 R u pregnant????

I think in my case it's just called being absent-minded lol.... embarrassed

curlytop

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 11:33 am
Prob is I don't think my brain ever came back after the pregnancies Wink

Fabulous

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 11:35 am
devy88 wrote:
Fabulous wrote:
devy88 wrote:
Gotcha! wrote:
devy88 R u pregnant????

I think in my case it's just called being absent-minded lol.... embarrassed

Could be lack of sleep too.

devy88

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 11:35 am
curlytop wrote:

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

skymile

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 12:00 pm
a couple months ago my boss was at a show (business). a woman "Tricia" placed an order with him. the order was worth well over $3,000. When it came to shipping it out the boss asked me to call her and ask for a credit card. I kept on getting blown off by the secretaries. finally I spoke to her and she asked me to send her a copy of the invoice before giving her card info. (she wasn't able to get terms) when she saw how much it cost, she called up my boss and started badmouthing me!!! saying I was rude and horrible to her girls and she wants to cancel her order!! Surprised
my boss told me to call and apologize. I did and got yelled at! then I sent her a very nice email where I kept on saying I was sorry and didn't mean to be rude (even thought I wasn't!!). she finally called back and said she wants us to keep it till next month. we did. when the next month came we sent her a fax with a copy of the bill and a credit card request. she pushed it off for another month! this went on for about 5 months till she finally just canceled!! till today I'm always afraid to screw up cuz my boss will just bring up the "Tricia story"...

yOungM0mmy

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 12:12 pm
curlytop wrote:

Then it's called mommy brain - I blame everything on that! Seriously, I was nothing like this before I had kids...

CantFindOne

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 3:46 pm
just been to a bank automaic cash machine and withdrew $180.00 and forgot the money there. help Crying

Newly Wed

Post Thu, May 28 2009, 6:10 pm
The most embarrassing thing I had was (drumroll, please) meeting my sister at the mikva! I could not get to myself for a while after and avoided her like the plague. Oh well, guess we're both Jewish women

Imaonwheels

Post Sat, May 30 2009, 2:54 pm
My losing the sheitel story: Mine got caught on the garment hook in a cab and the cabbie had no idea why I was all fumbling and jlustered.

My shot elastic story: I just ran behind a tree, let them drop and walked away quickly.

I am the best person in the world at commenting on people just as they qioetly come up behind me.

My winner: I was arguing a point of ethics in halacha with a good friend, She was doing something that I thought was unethical. She said why don't I cross the street and ask the rav. We were screaming by now and I told her that the rav is personally involved because I know that he did the same thing as I saw it with my own eyes. And I made sure to say clearly how this reflects on the rav. That night in shul the rav pulled my ex over and said, "The next time your wife has something to say can you ask her to say it to me herself instead of screaming it by the neighbors". Is there a bury yourself smiley?

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 10:13 pm
bnm wrote:
my brightly colored slip fell down in middle of 13th avenue. I was walking and found it at my feet.

That happened to me in front of my kids school at 5 to 9. embarrassed

queen

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 12:02 am
CantFindOne wrote:
just been to a bank automaic cash machine and withdrew $180.00 and forgot the money there. help Crying

quick.... tell me which one! Twisted Evil

CantFindOne

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 8:50 am
queen wrote:
CantFindOne wrote:

quick.... tell me which one! Twisted Evil

a week late Wink

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 9:45 am
I was walking out of the house with 2 of my kids last week and a low hanging branch over my door pulled off my hat. I quickly ran into the house and thankfully, noone saw me. I would have been done for if a certain neighbor's child would have seen.....Luckily, it was at about 9:00 am and all the neighborhood kids were in school.
My kids and I had a good laugh over it.

Also, many years ago my slip fell down as I was walking around in Yerushalayim. That was pretty embarassing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics