Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is my skirt Treif now?
1  2  Next

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 4:38 pm
I spilled some of my breakfast yogurt on it this morning..thenm dribbled chicken on it from my lunch salad.

I’ll be washing it in hot water which probably isn’t yad soledes bo…dos my washing machine get treif now? I wash all our dishtowels in there……………..

DRV

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 4:40 pm
just makes sure that your detergent has a hechsher LOL

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 4:48 pm
I don't know if it does, it probably does, why?

red sea

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 4:53 pm
No, you can even wash milchig and fleishig dish towels in the same load, nothing gets treif.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 5:07 pm
That reminds me of the time I saw a 50% wool and 50% linen skirt in the store.

Shatnez.

Not treif, but not Kosher to wear, right?

realeez

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 5:35 pm
use lots of soap!

DRV

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 5:39 pm
I once asked our Rav about washing milchig and fleshig towels together. He told me that there is absolutly no problem and if, after they're washed, I want to use the milchig one for fleshigs and visa versa - that's also not a problem.

But each person has to go by what their Rav paskens...

cindy324

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 7:56 pm
Wear a bib next time LOL

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 9:59 pm
DRV wrote:
I once asked our Rav about washing milchig and fleshig towels together. He told me that there is absolutly no problem and if, after they're washed, I want to use the milchig one for fleshigs and visa versa - that's also not a problem.

But each person has to go by what their Rav paskens...

I was wondering about that!!! I guess as long as it's not yad soledes bo, it's all ok....maybe?? Wink
Btw, SARAG- GREAT TOPICS YOU POST!!

Mommy912

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 10:03 pm
How about chometz and pesach? Using the same tablecloths? Sheets that had chometz on them?

stem

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 10:05 pm
If you wash the tableclothes, why wouldn't you be allowed to use them on Pesach?

We have one made of cotton that we get professionally dry cleaned once a year so it's crisp and clean for Pesach.

happyone

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 10:28 pm
were u serious with this question?
Just wondering.

realeez

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 10:47 pm
stem, make sure the dry cleaners don't use spray starch!!!

chen

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 10:54 pm
stem wrote:
If you wash the tableclothes, why wouldn't you be allowed to use them on Pesach?

We have one made of cotton that we get professionally dry cleaned once a year so it's crisp and clean for Pesach.

by laundering with hot water and detergent or dry cleaning you kasher a tablecloth and other linens for pesach. it's nice to have special ones for pesach if you can and want to, but the laundering is perfectly acceptable. yes, if you have it done professionally you must make sure they do not starch it.

sarag, DRV was kidding about your laundry detergent having a hechsher. Lots of them do, but it's not necessary.

Mommy912

Post Fri, Mar 10 2006, 10:06 am
stem wrote:

That was my point.
If you can use things for both chometz and pesach, surely milchigs and fleishigs is not a problem.

chen

Post Fri, Mar 10 2006, 10:57 am
A bit of purim torah here, though it may be true halachic reasoning:
Bosor b'cholov (meat and milk mixed) is forbidden three ways: bishul (cooking), achiloh (eating/drinking) and hanooh (enjoyment/deriving benefit). since mixing meat and milk on a garment is not cooking, not eating, and is not only not a benefit but is actually a loss (staining the garment), there is no issur (prohibition).

Hmmm, it would take a while to flesh this out, but we have here the germ of a purimspiel. Should I try to milk it now for all it's worth, leave it on the back burner and see what happens, or put it on ice till next year?

amother

Post Fri, Mar 10 2006, 11:06 am
I hope none of u guys are serious! youre not, right?!

realeez

Post Fri, Mar 10 2006, 11:39 am
chen wrote:
Should I try to milk it now for all it's worth, leave it on the back burner and see what happens, or put it on ice till next year?

It depends if you have chicken soup on the back burner or not!

chen

Post Fri, Mar 10 2006, 12:01 pm
mommyabc123 wrote:
chen wrote:
Should I try to milk it now for all it's worth, leave it on the back burner and see what happens, or put it on ice till next year?

It depends if you have chicken soup on the back burner or not!

Very Happy

ektsm

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 1:43 pm
I wish I had more time to think about things like this.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics