Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is my skirt Treif now?
Previous  1  2

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 11:09 am
Well, I was serious.......my skirt DID have meat and milk on it.....

chanala

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 11:49 am
Mommy912 wrote:
How about chometz and pesach? Using the same tablecloths? Sheets that had chometz on them?

what, do you eat crackers in bed?? Wink

I don't allow food in the bedrooms.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 12:04 pm
I'd never thought about it before but actually, if you'd have had meat (not chicken) on your apron and also milk and you'd have washed them on a temperature of yad soledes (hot enough to make you pull your hand away) then maybe it would have been forbidden because of the issur of cooking meat and milk together. (Maybe the powder would be considered adding a taste lifgam i.e.tastes awful, so maybe it's allowed) Certainly once it's clean I can't see any problem with the apron ...

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Mar 15 2006, 1:08 pm
Mommy912 wrote:
stem wrote:
If you wash the tableclothes, why wouldn't you be allowed to use them on Pesach?

We have one made of cotton that we get professionally dry cleaned once a year so it's crisp and clean for Pesach.

That was my point.
If you can use things for both chometz and pesach, surely milchigs and fleishigs is not a problem.

I don't know about tablecloths, dishtowels etc., but I know that kashering kelim, or ovens ] to use for back and forth between milchigs and fleishigs is not done.

The only time it is permissible to switch after kashering bet. milchig and fleishig, if I remember correctly is after kashering something for Pesach. so the Pesach thing is not a "rayeh" for ordinary circumstances. do you have a different proof, or source?

raizy

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 7:05 pm
wait a mintete. from fleshig to milkhug u can lander it and use if for whatever u want after it.

also from chumatz to pashack u can use it as long as u washed it clean. even though most pple do get a new set a dishtowels etc for peashak.

but the post above said something about not being allowed to use a oven from fleishing to milk. now I know that if u use a self clean oven and u always keep your food covered the fleishig part . then u clean the oven in between and use it for milk or meaty. now I never did it bc it was too much work for me. but I know of pple who do it. so dont go pasken something that is a maklokuse and give it off like halachah.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 7:45 pm
Raizy, I am not paskening anything, I am not a posek LOL. We are discussing something, and I am pointing out an observation, which is also something I have learned at shiurim on Pesach laws given by rabbonim. If anyone can write sources to back up your points, it would be appreciated.

mali

Post Mon, Apr 10 2006, 4:03 am
once, a plain woman came to a rav as he was giving a shiur to his talmidim. this is how the conversation went:
woman: rav, I have a very serious shaila
rav: what is it?
woman: well, I had a shaila in a chicken, so I put it aside to ask you about it. but my cat ate it.
rav: so what's your question now?
woman: now I have a sofek if my cat is treif.
upon hear this, the talmidim laughed, but the rav pretended to be very serious. he started opening a bunch of seforim, and after a few minutes, he gave her the answer - "don't worry about your cat, her status didn't change".
after the woman left, the talmidim asked the rav why he took her so seriously. he answered, "one day, this woman might have a serious shaila, so she needs a positive experience with asking a rav. if I would have scoffed or yelled at her, she would never come back to me."

flippinout

Post Mon, Apr 10 2006, 4:29 am
I think theres is a book for bochurim which talks about yeshiva life, at the book it has useful questions, one is something to the effect of, I heated up my shnitzel in silver foil in my tumble dryer, can I put my pizza in there today? double wrapped of course?!?!?!

chen

Post Mon, Apr 24 2006, 9:23 am
more yeshivoh bocher humor: Yanki's roommate comes back after a brief absence. Yanki tells his roommate to be careful before ironing his shirt b/c he borrowed the iron to make grilled cheese. "Fool!" shouts the roommate, "That was the fleishik iron!"
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics