Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Maid scheduled for Tisha B' Av

amother

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 2:03 pm
Is this acceptable? My DH has given me the clear to get biweekly cleaning help while in my last trimester and for a little while after the baby is born. On the schedule I set up, a cleaning will fall on Tisha B' Av. Should I change that day or not worry about it? It seems "odd" to have someone cleaning my house on that day...though I will be within the 1st month postpartum...btw the cleaning help costs 100.00 a visit hence only the biweekly service...

demama

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 2:15 pm
I heard there is a minhag to wash the floors on tisha b'aav, so when moshiach comes the house will be sparkling.
not that I do, but remember hearing

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jun 04 2009, 2:45 pm
demama wrote:
I heard there is a minhag to wash the floors on tisha b'aav, so when moshiach comes the house will be sparkling.
not that I do, but remember hearing

And it's a minhag taus (mistaken minhag).

I don't know if it's assur; if you are a yoledes it might be allowed for health/ hygiene reasons. It's so far ahead - why can't you change it to the next day now, or when you book? If you really can't I'd ask a rav if it's allowed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics