Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
So you think your jewish and you can dance?

QUEENY

Post Sat, Jun 06 2009, 11:36 pm
Did anybody watch So you think you can dance? last week. A Jewish girl auditioned. She told the judges if she made it she had to worry about shabbos and dancing in front of men. She just danced in her panty hose and shorts in front of millions of people. Did she have to say she was jewish? I think she was wearing a fall pony shaital.

flowerpower

Post Sat, Jun 06 2009, 11:39 pm
Interesting and stuped.

There was a frum man on millionaire recently and he was so decent -his mom was in the audience with a shaitel. The host knew not to shake hands.

mama-star

Post Sat, Jun 06 2009, 11:41 pm
link?

Merrymom

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 2:07 pm
QUEENY wrote:
Did anybody watch So you think you can dance? last week. A Jewish girl auditioned. She told the judges if she made it she had to worry about shabbos and dancing in front of men. She just danced in her panty hose and shorts in front of millions of people. Did she have to say she was jewish? I think she was wearing a fall pony shaital.

Please tell me you're joking.

Actually it reminds me of a formerly chasidishe woman here who became a police officer and asked for Shabbosim off and for years and years nobody was allowed to take religious days off so they all hate her for getting it. They made her life so miserable I guess that now she's on disability leave.

maidale

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 2:10 pm
mama-star wrote:
link?

For which one? You can watch Joey Guttman on "Who wants to be a millionaire" at chaptzem.com

maidale

Post Tue, Jun 09 2009, 2:12 pm
Merrymom wrote:
QUEENY wrote:

Please tell me you're joking.

Actually it reminds me of a formerly chasidishe woman here who became a police officer and asked for Shabbosim off and for years and years nobody was allowed to take religious days off so they all hate her for getting it. They made her life so miserable I guess that now she's on disability leave.

Yeah, for the life of me, I still can't understand why she needed shabbos off. She was totally off the derech, had a child with a non-jew and was rumored to have an "open house", and she definitely didn't keep shabbos.

#1cook

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 5:14 pm
Jewish guy

greenfire

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 8:52 pm
you can look at it on the total flip side ... here is this woman who despite not being your typical jew is NOT embarrassed to make sure they know she keeps shabbos !!! Idea

elf123

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 8:56 pm
But where's the link of the "frum" girl trying out? I looked everywhere but can't find it.

dimples

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 10:39 pm
elf123 wrote:
But where's the link of the "frum" girl trying out? I looked everywhere but can't find it.

episode 3, LA tryouts. Very, um, interesting.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 11:10 pm
now joey is a cutey !!! I think we should find him a shidduch ...

elf123

Post Thu, Jun 11 2009, 11:11 pm
dimples wrote:
elf123 wrote:

Yeah, I tried that episode and couldn't find it. I'm not willing to waste any more time looking for it, intrigued though I may be. Do you have a link for it?

#1cook

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 12:29 am
elf123 wrote:
dimples wrote:
elf123 wrote:

Yeah, I tried that episode and couldn't find it. I'm not willing to waste any more time looking for it, intrigued though I may be. Do you have a link for it?

just watched that episode and she wasn't there

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 12:30 am
I wish there was youtube back in 2002 when Mordechai "Max" Levovits from Miami Experience 3 was on American Idol!!!

#1cook

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 1:13 am
http://www.watchsoyouthinkyouc.....attle

shes at the beginning at 11:20

I think shes not religious yet because she says I'm not there yet I'm here (meaning shes not at the level of religion were she won't dance in front of men because she was by the audition)

mamacita

Post Fri, Jun 12 2009, 2:24 am
I competed in dance competitions when I was becoming frum. It was one of the hardest things for me to give up. I can understand how she is torn and still doing what she does. A little compassion anyone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics