Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Anyone have Ikea metal Bunkbeds?

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 6:15 pm
I am considering getting the ikea metal bunkbeds. I wanted to hear from people who have them and whether they are the junk that so many people keep telling me that they are. I have ikea furniture that I am happy with but with bunk beds I want to be more cautious.

workingmom3

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 6:22 pm
I know someone who has them and she is very happy - has had them for about 5 years- for boys around 7 and 8 years old.

GoodEnough

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 6:23 pm
I was considering buying it when I saw it online, but when I visited the Ikea store I changed my mind. True it only costs about £100 if I remember correctly, but it looked like such a cheap piece of junk, it looked like it was made from plastic.

Where to you live? I bought the shorty wooden bunkbed from Argos it was £200 including mattresses, and I am very happy with it.

Fox

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 6:29 pm
I have Tromso loft beds with a desk underneath (you can also get it with a bunk underneath) for my five kids; I've had them for over five years, and I'm very, very pleased with the quality.

You do need fairly high ceilings, so check the height first.

Atali

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 6:46 pm
I don't have those but I have a wood loft bed from Ikea that I am very happy with.

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 6:50 pm
I have this one.
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/cata.....50290
I've had it for around six years now, and both bunks have been in constant use since I bought it. We will buy another one when my twins need to go into beds.

Currently, the bunkbed is used by my boys who are far from gentle with it, and it's holding up nicely! Altogether, I'm very happy and consider it good value for money.

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 6:54 pm
I own 4 of them. They have alot of maalos. Strong, wide 39", low bottom bed, which serves two purposes. 1)if a kid falls, they are closer to the floor, and 2) an adult can sit without hitting their head on the upper bed. I bought them about 5-6 years ago.

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 7:38 pm
It is great to hear that people are pleased with them. A friend of mine has them and she really likes them. A wooden one from a furniture store is alot more money. So no one has had any bad experiences with them or knows someone who has?

realeez

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 7:54 pm
mummy-bh wrote:
I have this one.
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/cata.....50290
I've had it for around six years now, and both bunks have been in constant use since I bought it. We will buy another one when my twins need to go into beds.

Currently, the bunkbed is used by my boys who are far from gentle with it, and it's holding up nicely! Altogether, I'm very happy and consider it good value for money.

While I consider a lot of Ikea stuff to be junky, we have had this bunkbed for 2 years and it's holding up very well.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 8:49 pm
It looks junky but it's lightweight steel.

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 9:11 pm
my boys have this exact bunkbed, and they are happy with it. But honestly my 6 year old is sick of being on the top. But that's life

Bamentch

Post Sun, Jun 14 2009, 1:35 am
weve had this same silver bunkbed- and 2 others (not from ikea)this one is definitely the strongest and the only one we still use.I dont usually shop ikea but this one is excellent.also the top rail is higher than others ie safer.got it years ago for my older kids and its as good as new.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars