Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
I got NO M.M. this year!
Previous  1  2  3

ny_ima

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 9:42 am
Quote:
No one who thought enough of me to visit me. That's what's so hurtful

everybody needs to be loved and appreciated! sorry you had a lousy purim. it happens to most ppl some time or other that they feel neglected, so remember that Hashem had a reason for it, and if you accept it with love, it's "veahavtah...bechol levavch ubechol nafshecha", as you are sacrificing your own pleasure to take this opportunity to trust and love Him. I'm sure that Hashem was with you all purim "imo anochi betzarah" we never suffer alone, He is always with us! think of how lonely the shechina is, for so many years in galus, not able to return to bais hamikdash and longing to...

chanab

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 9:48 am
There is an organization in Crown Heights--Keren simchas chosson v´kalla which the day after purim collects all nosh etc to use for L´chaims/shabbos kallas for those who cannot afford. Do they still do that?

koolmother

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 12:13 pm
sarag I really feel for you,
its never too late to give mm
pm me and I will personnaly deliver mm or have someone deliver it to you

I wish I knew before purim I would have delivered to you

tziviakayla

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 12:30 pm
I can relate to having a really bad Purim. it's a long, complicated story. but there are things we all look forward to with each holiday. If those things don't happen, we feel disappointed. The best thing to do is to think of ways to make it better next year. Even make a list. I, for one, will not be going away as we did this year. I feel so sorry for you SarahG....HUGS!

amother

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 12:34 pm
Quote:
No one who thought enough of me to visit me. That's what's so hurtful.

maybe so e people were hurt aht u didnt go to them?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 1:33 pm
ChanaB, they only take "select" nosh these days. Call and see if they want what you are willing to give. They have some new rules they go by.

Oh, I know my friends with lots of kids are "burdoned" by me coming by,that's why I stopped going. I have a lot of young friends who used to come by; guess their kids are older too and need to go to their teachers and friends.

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 6:40 pm
Mommy912 wrote:
Why not spend the day giving to people who are alone?

very nice idea as is this:

Mommy912 wrote:
This year we picked a few people on our block whom we really don't know too well and just gave them Shalach Manos

back to saraG - and these comments that were posted:

Quote:
Did you prepare any to give out? Why not go and deliver them - and get one in return.

Quote:
sarag you didn't get even one or just an insy weensy one
Perhaps they gave to your husband or dd and it never reached you

Quote:
But let me ask you- did YOU give to any of your friends??????
and you'll find after giving to your friends- the next year they'll come to you
!

Quote:
yes its a good idea for u to give if u want to get

I don't think they address saraG's experience!

I've had a discussion with someone who spoke about "purim insecurity" which means she wondered, if she didn't bring shalach manos to X, whether X would bring to her?

someone (in her 60's) told me that this year they are preparing far fewer and her husband will not be going around giving to people younger than him! She was curious to see if any of those people, who they gave to in the past (and who of course reciprocated) would INITIATE by coming to THEM! Well, guess what? they didn't!

so to say "give if you want to get" is not the point! Of course if you ring someone's bell and hand them a shalach manos they will give you one in return, but were they planning on coming to YOU if you hadn't shown up at THEIR house?

what if you only gave to those who deserve to be given to because of their age (it wouldn't be right to expect them to come to you first), and waited - would any of your PEERS show up? for many people, I bet the answer would be NO but many people don't try it!

Quote:
We left nearly all of our shaloch manos at people's doors.

defy: were any shaloch manos waiting for you at YOUR door when you got back home?

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 7:12 pm
Don't forget it was a working day this year, ppl may not have had time to go round. I also got very few (I think much less than usual)...and due to the fact that I was in charge of the community purim seuda I had no time to deliver mm either. I managed to give a few to teachers in school where I taught in am, and gave some to ppl at purim seuda. ppl where I live are mainly not frum, so don't really do mm. Those who do give us a container (that once held mushrooms or something) containing 1. apple 2. box raisins 3. mini bottle mashke 4. package cookies. or something similar. (These are from people who are pretty much millionaires) Our mm are always much much nicer.

My kids got not one from friends in this city (although they gave to all their friends) They got a from cousins etc not living here but thats it. we just get family m.m.

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 7:21 pm
Rifky wrote:
Don't forget it was a working day this year, ppl may not have had time to go round. I also got very few (I think much less than usual)...and due to the fact that.

as it is most Purims ...

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 7:33 pm
True, next year is a Sunday.

chen

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 10:37 pm
queen wrote:
chen wrote:
Sometimes a kvetch is not really a kvetch, it's a boast. ("Alas, my dh can't decide whether to accept the full scholarship to Columbia Law or accept the $500,000 -a-year job at Bear Sterns. either way we'll have to move to NY which I really don't want to do right now." Rolling Eyes

shock
(are you telling us something??????)

Queen, don't I wish! LOL

chen

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 10:40 pm
Mommy912 wrote:

Well, take the Bear Sterns job. It would be nice to have more frum people there working with me.

Aha! that explains the Porsche! Wink
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics