Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Was your husband drunk on Purim?
1  2  3  Next

lucky

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 1:19 am
Was your husband drunk on Purim? Was he just high, or dead drunk, and how did you deal with it.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 1:32 am
Yes, but not enough to be disgusting. He is hysterically funny when he's had a little "too much"! He tells great jokes that he does not remember ever telling (until I give him a full report the next day). He also tells a lot of d'vrei Torah.

hila

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 6:41 am
NO
He wont even touch grape juice on Purim, as a show of "anti drinking"

His father was an alchoholic and he suffered years from his ovverdrinking. He sees Purim as a temptation to those who are susceptable to drink.

The unholy spectacle of some of our neighbours who have overindulged is enough to put me off drink for life.

As you can tell we are not big drinkers. Though my son did drink rather a lot with his Rav at seudah . I think he regretted it afterwards. He did tell me he learned Hasidut with the Rosh yeshiva though.

BH this drinking for most boys is only once a year.

queen

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 7:48 am
Have you ever seen the BIG roshei yeshivas drunk?
(the answer is no, as they don't get drunk.....)
I personally was not brought up in a family that gets drunk and find it majorly repulsive. Hashem knew what He was doing when giving me a dh that doesn't drink! Smile

It's one thing to drink a little bit on purim, but to the degree that it is taken today makes me wonder if that was what "ad shelo yoda" meant. Why not go to sleep for a little bit, you could be mekayim it just the same!

suomynona

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 8:20 am
My husband doesn't drink. I am very happy about that, but at the same time I would consider it boring if no one at the seuda got drunk or high.

queen wrote:
Have you ever seen the BIG roshei yeshivas drunk?
(the answer is no, as they don't get drunk.....)

I ate the seuda at a Rosh Yeshiva who was dead drunk, but I guess you would call him a small rosh yeshiva since he has a very small yeshiva Very Happy

nicole81

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 9:36 am
Nope, he didn't have one drop. I know he would've liked to have something to drink, but the seuda we went to was not in the drinking spirit. There was barely a bottle of wine on the table. It's all good though, because since he didn't drink, we were able to drive after the meal to see some family that we hadn't yet visited.

supermommy

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 10:08 am
my dh had some lechaim here and there but he didn't really get drunk or high for that matter just besimchah.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 10:13 am
Yes, but not throwing up , BH!

lucky

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 11:14 am
A guy told my husband that his wife isn't talking to him because she is angry that he was drunk on Purim. Why do some men feel it is their RIGHT to become drunk? Why does a women have to deal with a drunkard? Don't these men have a responsibility to their wives even on Purim? I'll never forget yrs ago I saw a man dancing around a lightpole and the poor wife was just standing there like a fool there was nothing she could do. B"H my dh tolerates wine very well and just becomes lebedig.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 11:28 am
Amother - same story as mine. He had a great time & wished it could've lasted longer. Next yr he wants to make the seuda at home & let it go on all night! Good luck to me!

girlsmom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 11:36 am
I don't mind when my dh gets a bit high. He never really gets totally drunk and he knows his limits. But I wouldn't want him to sit at a farbrengen and not drink a thing - let him loosen up and enjoy.

ShiraMiri

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 12:26 pm
My DH had a l'chaim. That's about it. Neither one of us enjoys liquor or drinking. We prefer grape juice to wine any day!!! LOL

BlumaG

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 2:05 pm
YES! its the most drunk I have ever seen him but he didnt get isck bh
just slpet til 9.30 yesterday morn.
he was talking so funny htati wasl aughing at him and he was giggling like a little kid so I just laughed harder and so did he, pretty comical Smile

zigi

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 2:39 pm
yup! he was drunk but he was funny! he isn't disgusting drunk. except last year he forgot to deliever some of the mm. oh well. Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 3:51 pm
Quote:
I would consider it boring if no one at the seuda got drunk or high.

High? Do you mean what I think you mean?

DL

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 8:58 pm
he had a blast! yes he was but not too much that he got sick. BH

amother

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 11:24 pm
Quote:

A guy told my husband that his wife isn't talking to him because she is angry that he was drunk on Purim. Why do some men feel it is their RIGHT to become drunk? Why does a women have to deal with a drunkard? Don't these men have a responsibility to their wives even on Purim? I'll never forget yrs ago I saw a man dancing around a lightpole and the poor wife was just standing there like a fool there was nothing she could do. B"H my dh tolerates wine very well and just becomes lebedig.

Im sorry but I disagree.. cant the wife let the husband have fun and let himself go for one night a year!? give the guy a break!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

lucky

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 11:33 pm
Quote:
cant the wife let the husband have fun and let himself go for one night a year!?

And which day of the year do women get to let go and have fun? Scratching Head

He should not have fun on his wifes cheshbon. She is the one who doctors his hangover. She cleans when he throws up. If he wants to get drunk, fine, but not on her [or his kids] cheshbon.

youngmom

Post Fri, Mar 17 2006, 12:55 am
I agree, Lucky!

PinkandYellow

Post Fri, Mar 17 2006, 4:40 am
Nobody in my family ever got drunk on purim and boy was my shana rishona purim a big surprise. Drunken Smile This year as well as past few yrs he got drunk. I don't like that I have to clean up after him (he went running to the bathroom at 4am Puke ) but I'm happy that he enjoys himself and isn't the only one in kollel not drinking. also, I know someone who is so stiff, never drinks even on purim and dh said- he needs to loosen up, why doesn't he drink Twisted Evil ?! and dh is right. if this guy drank he would be a much happier person.
Its not a maila that a guy is so serious he can't have fun and relax and drink even only one bottle Rolling Eyes .
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics