Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Work at home.com

cutiemom

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 2:34 am
I know this may have been discussed already but I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

has anyone tried to work at home for a web-based company other than your own home-owned/based business. if yes, are they all a scam? are any true?

if not - does anyone know how I could advertise typing, proofreading, and writing services (pls don't take my late night posts as an example of my writing, I actually do have experience in this field.)

thanks everyone

supermommy

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 10:40 am
most of the work at home businesses advdertised online or in the back of parenting type magazines are scams. you can tell if it's a scam when there's no way to contact a live person and/or if you are required to layout any money like processing fees or investing $ or something of that sort.

ny21

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 1:04 pm
my freind works at home selling prepaid legal services it is not a scam

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 5:48 am
Please please do not touch bthese things I've just been scammed cannot go into anymore, for legal reasons, but please do not touch them.

rainbow baby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 5:55 am
I do online surveys. Googkle online surveys and I you will come up with loads of survey companies that are willing to pay for your opions. BUT do not opay one of these companies to find these companies for you for example paidsurveys.com they are scams. For what they do you can google it instead for no money. Just be very careful out there there are thousands of scams going on, run usually by gangs who are money laundring, etc....

amother

Post Sun, Jul 16 2006, 9:02 pm
jewishmamathebest--Is it worth signing up with survey companies??? Do you really get a decent amount of cash from them? Thanks

Flowerchild

Post Sun, Jul 16 2006, 9:37 pm
I was looking to work from home as well, ive been looking for a while now, if anyone has any legitimate info to share please do it would really help.

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Jul 16 2006, 10:06 pm
really the only wayt o work from home is to start a business yourself.

If your a good typist, put flyers around colleges (type papers)

If your a baker, bakes cookies or cakes and sell them to friends..

I knit scarves/hats (sometimes blankets)...and sell them in second hand stores... Make a nice sum of money, for extra rainy days

su7kids

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 10:35 am
I had once signed up for a company which is totally legitimate, to work from home. Its called www.workathomeagent.com.

What this company does, is they hire people to work from home to answer the phones for infomercials from TV.

There is a script you read from and you use yuor PC (not a Mac at this time) and a 2nd phone line which has no call waiting or answering machine.

There is nothing to pay to begin, but there are tests and training that you do.

They answer phones for regular infomercials, and for places like Office Depot and Home Shopping Network, etc.

The only stipulations are that you work in quiet, so there is no background noise, which I used to do late at night. You sign up for an hour at a time, and only get paid for the time you're answering the phone, so late at night that could be 5 minutes out of the hour, but you MUST sit at the phone the whole hour.

If you have kids in school -- or no kids -- and can do it during the day, its busier.

I know of many people who do work for this company, and I did it. I really wanted to do it again. They pay every two weeks, and the more hours you can work, the more yo can earn. And it can take up to 6 months to get started, becuase you have to apply, then be accepted (the best thing to do when you apply is say you can work weekends and late at night, cos often those hours are not popular, and they need people for that time).

supermommy

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 1:58 pm
su7kids, how much do they pay?

carrot

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 2:23 pm
How much do they pay per hour?

su7kids

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 2:24 pm
I believe their minimum is 17c a minute on the phone. It totally depends on what area of the compay you're working for. I did the basic, which was answer those calls from places like Temperpedic matresses and people calling for real estate seminars, etc.

But they pay more if you work for Office Depot, Pizza hut (taking orders) and other places like that.

This is a legitimate company and this working at home answering those calls is a very legitimate job. Heck, I even got tax forms from them!!!

mother of 2 princess's

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 7:16 pm
I dont understand what you do you take calls for pizza hut??? and then what do you do

mother of 2 princess's

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 7:30 pm
this work at home thing can you do it from out of america or canada

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 5:07 pm
I take surveys from NFO My Survey- totally legit. doesn't cost a cent and I earn points. You can redeem points for cash. I've gotten at least 3 or 4 checks for $10 that come about 1-2 weeks after I redeemed my points. If you want to sign up, please PM me, cuz I can get points for recruiting Wink

su7kids

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 7:15 pm
Sorry I didn't reply before, for some reason or other, I'm not being informed when there are new posts!

If you take orders, for example, for Pizza Hut, you fill in the data on your computer, and it submits to the nearest Pizza Hut to where the person is ordering from, and they fill the order and deliver it.

You do not have to work for Pizza hut if ordering pepperoni pizzas bothers you, there are other options with this company, like Home Shopping Network, and places like that.

su7kids

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 7:16 pm
I belive its American. Go to the website at www.workathomeagent.com and see waht they have to say there.

ssbarnes

Post Sun, Aug 20 2006, 5:46 pm
I work from home. It is mostly phone based. I know that there are many "get rich quick scams" out there. I was completely skeptical, but I gave it a chance because it was recommended to me by the Rebbetzin. Now I am forever grateful that she showed me this opportunity.

-Dena

shayna82

Post Thu, Nov 02 2006, 12:54 pm
what is the job?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics