Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help this vacation be an actual vacation....

fiddle

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 7:06 am
I know there are a few threads on this, but I didnt see many tips for what to do when there is no amazing savings or a target or a 99 cents store to pick up stuff to buy for the plane trip. my dd 2 and a bit needs some entertainment for the plane, I need affordable ideas, and not those cheapy crayons that just dont work Rolling Eyes ...what can I bring to entertain her and to keep her from vomiting (good foods/snacks to bring) and what to do with an 8 month old.... thanks!

baba

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 7:23 am
Buy something new, which is already half the work. I got my dd a sort of etchascetch, with a book attached to it on how to draw different animals (I've seen it in bookstores around, it was between 20-30 shek, dont remember exactly). It kept her very entertained.

Seraph

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 7:58 am
The five shekel/dollar store has lots of good stuff for plane trips...

HooRYou

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 8:54 am
I found stickers very entertaining. I was relaxed about it and the seats and such probably also got stickered, but it was defintiely entertaining.

jemappelle

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 8:07 pm
Crayola makes special markers and coloring books where the markers only work on the special paper- no worrying about staining the clothing and coloring on the airplane table. Stickers are great too. Books. CD player.
I found taking teddy bears/dolls for the kids also helped.
Best to keep food low key/neat -- pretzels, crackers, cookies, raisins, drinks (airplane drys one out- if airline wont allow drinks on board, at least bring a sippy cup and ask the stewardess to fill the cup rather than giving child a real cup so no spills) and...LOLLY POPS!

mother48

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 9:05 pm
I second stickers and crayons

pack a small bag of legos for building, or a doll and brush, anything that she likes to do; take some of it in a zip lock bag
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics