Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Boneless chicken breasts

ABC

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 6:02 am
how do you cook boneless chicken breasts so that they don't dry out? I want a way to cook them so that they are plain but succulent, so that I can then use them in a salad.

thanks!

willow

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 6:09 am
I am sure that you will soon get lots of recipes using sauces but real easy and simple to to brush on some EVOO and spices. You can bake or broil it just watch it doesn't get overdone and you are done. I did that this week for dinner and fried some onions then I made a great dressing with Oil from onions, low sodium soysauce, garlic, pepper bit of demerra sugar. Over pretty romaine salad with veggies it was Yum.

Mrs Bissli

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 6:16 am
If roasting, keep the skin on and/or use a roasting bag if you want to avoid drying out.
Actually I would recommend poaching instead of roasting if you're using for salad.
(I would add white wine, chopped celery, onion and carrots for flavouring the water).

ABC

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 8:35 am
can you tell me step by step how to poach the breasts? I've never done that before and it sounds like the best way to keep it moist. pls include timings and amounts. thanks

willow

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 9:44 am
Sorry double post

Last edited by willow on Fri, Jul 03 2009, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

willow

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 9:45 am
If you bake or broil it it stays really nice and moist as long as you don't over do it. Just keep a eye on it. Its so simple. If you want wrap it in foil so it retains all the moisture I do that too.

Mrs Bissli

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 9:56 am
Very easy. Get a pot that's large enough to accomodate the chicken breasts.

Add enough water (or combination of water and 1/2 cup of white wine) to cover the chicken. Optional seasonings include chopped onions, celery, carrots, peppercorn, herbs (tarragon is nice).

As soon as the liquid starts to boil, turn to the lowest heat. Simmer for 15min, turn off heat and allow chicken to cool for another 15min then drain.

A few tips: don't add salt. make sure chicken is submerged in water. don't let the chicken stay in the liuqid longer than the 15min cooling period. save the liquid for future use (chicken soup base, good for cooking rice)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey