Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
SAHM and bored
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 9:21 pm
tO all you grown heights moms, how many kids do you all have and how old are they?

happymom

Post Sat, Mar 25 2006, 10:41 pm
Quote:
Reallisticly, how many mom in CH are challishing to go every day to a mini Gym ?

ALOT! sahms will for sure come. I know id prob go twice a week if there was a gym here! so would many others that stay home! why not> there arent that many places to go when the wheather isnt good! People bring thier kids to the park every day when there is nice whether.... so why wouldnt people go to a gym? there are Plenty of mothers who would LOVE it!

jewgal84

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 12:33 pm
Would the SAHM prefer a drop off at the Gym, or would they rather stay with their kids?

zigi

Post Sun, Mar 26 2006, 11:41 pm
I was going crazy ( my son also) during the winter he needs to go out! also you could have shuirim there and bring in someone to do professional mommy and me activites, the mother should be there with them though, unless there is someone paid to watch the kids at a higher price, does anyone know who is in charge of the jcm or want to invest$? there are two store fronts for rent on kingston availble
I have two kids 23 months and 9 months, it is busy but my brain is bored, there is only a certain amount of kud ( my son trying to say duck)quack quack converations that I can take in a day! shock

happymom

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 9:04 am
I personally would rather stay with my kid. I DONT Think it should be a drop off gym, thats what playgroups are for. this should be something for mothers who want to play with thier babies in a fun environment where they can also meet other moms...

sheshycoco

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 7:58 pm
I would rather stay with my kid, I think it will be easier for everyone involved in organising. All it needs is a basement, you really don;t need a store front. The investment of activite and toys, would probably be arround $2,000.00, but it really would be worth it if someone already had a house.

Frumom

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 9:33 pm
Original amother, if its you who is bored and doesnt want to be home all day, maybe finding a part time job would be good for you.
If not and you want to make it work with your baby all the time, definitely get out as much as you can, its good for both of you!
Even just taking a walk helps. Babies need and love the fresh air and it'll get you out of the house. The Mommy and Me program is great, is there one near you?
After my son was born, someone told me to make sure to get out at least once a day. Why dont you start with that, even simple outings and they dont have to be for very long either.

jewgal84

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 10:31 pm
For those SAHM who live near Brooklyn, I've done a search and found 2 of such mini-gyms, so you don't have to run to Chelsea Piers.

1) Ave I and McDonald-> has a "Kids in Action" (Near "Shop Rite")

2) Brooklyn Museam has it's own kid's corner for ages 0-5.
(Includes, library, sand box and assorted toys)

jewgal84

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 10:34 pm
Ok I take back at what I said as far as the "realistics" show ups of SAHM going to mini-gym's occasionally. I spoke to other people and they seem to find it to be a great idea. Esp, during the times that kids are home ie: right b4 pesach, the in between days of school to camp etc.

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 10:35 am
what really turned me off of this idea is the fact that the entire place needs to be cleaned and sanitized each day. (just keep that in mind Wink )

jewgal: kids in action is not exactly for babies and toddlers. brooklyn museum I hear has a nice area which many people go to, but its not as convenient as something right in the neighborhood.

Quote:
Esp, during the times that kids are home ie: right b4 pesach, the in between days of school to camp etc.

this is another problem that has to be worked out. parents will expect to be allowed to send their 2, 3, 4, and 5 yr old with their 7 yr old. ok, not exactly, but instead of a Mom's place, it will end up being crowded with older siblings who wont be watching their little brothers and sisters and may think its also fun to use the mini-gym which will destroy it in a hurry. Confused

sheshycoco- I think 2000 dollars is way underestimated.

happymom

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 10:56 am
Quote:
kids in action is not exactly for babies and toddlers.

are u sure? I just called them up and was planning on going tommorrow. they told me they have a toddler/baby section and a train they can go on with thier mothers... I checked it out and saw the toddler section... its looks good. were u there and the toddler section wasnt good??[/code]

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 11:20 am
happymom- maybe its changed since ive been there (3 years ago)
if its the same, then I think its not worth going for unless youre desperate to go somewhere or can have fun doing absolutely nothing.

I hope its changed and its not too busy there. have fun! Smile

happymom

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 2:47 pm
rg, can u be more specific? why is it not worth going. I dont want to waste my time, and Im not desperate cuz I can find somwehre else to go if I need to. What I saw online was that it has a train moms can go on with thier babies that goes around the room and also a little toddler section with mats and balls... is this the way it was 3 years ago?

jewgal84

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 2:49 pm
GR wrote:

jewgal: kids in action is not exactly for babies and toddlers. brooklyn museum I hear has a nice area which many people go to, but its not as convenient as something right in the neighborhood.

this is another problem that has to be worked out. parents will expect to be allowed to send their 2, 3, 4, and 5 yr old with their 7 yr old. ok, not exactly, but instead of a Mom's place, it will end up being crowded with older siblings who wont be watching their little brothers and sisters and may think its also fun to use the mini-gym which will destroy it in a hurry. Confused

KIA= supposed to have a toddler section there, perhaps things have changed since your last visit Wink !

As far as sending siblings, one of the things that "we" can arrange is that each child under the age of 5 must be accompanied by an adult (12+)

happymom

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 3:18 pm
Quote:
As far as sending siblings, one of the things that "we" can arrange is that each child under the age of 5 must be accompanied by an adult (12+)

I think there should be an adult there for children any age since it can becoeme very wild if noone is watching the 5 year olds and older.. also, it might not be so safe that way. I think at least one adult for every 2 kids should be the limit.

jewgal84

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 3:39 pm
Sounds good to me... Very Happy !!

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 7:01 pm
happymom- try it out and see how you like it.

Quote:
KIA= supposed to have a toddler section there, perhaps things have changed since your last visit

as I said.

Quote:
each child under the age of 5 must be accompanied by an adult (12+)

I dont think 12 year olds generally are responsible enough.

Quote:
I think at least one adult for every 2 kids should be the limit.

but I dont think thats completely realistic either. I know many mothers with 3 kids under 3.

cl

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 8:53 am
if its gonna be in a basemnet its gonna be on the small side, I think there shud be an age limit of 5 and of course accompanied by an adult 15+ at all times. Ball pools and other soft-play stuff is not gonna be fun for a 10yr old. They want those big jungle-gym, drop-slide kind of places.

happymom

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 10:15 am
I looked at the pics of kidsnaction online. it doesnt lok like theres much to do there. chelsey peirs is def MUCH MUCH better. u cant compare!

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 10:17 am
happymom, youre not even going to see it?
the train can be fun if you like trains but it sounds more exciting than it is. Confused
I wonder if they changed anything since ive been there.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics