Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Hospice

gnerd613

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 11:55 am
Does anyone have information about a hospice in Brooklyn, Queens or Long Island that has on-site dialysis?

su7kids

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 12:01 pm
gnerd613 wrote:
Does anyone have information about a hospice in Brooklyn, Queens or Long Island that has on-site dialysis?

I have no clue whatsoever, but I thought one of the "deals" with hospice is that this is where you go when you can get no more treatment and they don't offer anything except to keep you comfortable.

PAMOM

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 12:17 pm
Correct--hospice care is palliative only--that is, they keep the patient pain free but do NOT provide any other care. If you want care, you can't be in hospice.

gnerd613

Post Wed, Jul 15 2009, 1:00 pm
I know hospice is not for treatment, but my Zayde has reduced kidney function such that it wouldn't be terminal (though his cancer is likely to be) and he would be confused and disoriented. So in this case it would be to make him comfortable and just improve his quality of life.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries