Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Baked!

cookielady

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 12:09 am
I just received this as a gift. Does anyone else have it? Have you tried any recipes from there that you can recommend?

greeneyes

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 9:53 am
Is it a new cookbook?

(I'm always excited when new cookbooks come out. Very Happy embarrassed )

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 29 2009, 4:31 pm
I thought there was another thread about Baked. That's what I was looking for. I just got it out. Haven't looked at it too carefully. There are a few things that look promising - there's this 3 layer cookie/cake, supposed to be a staple at Italian simchos, and I may just try the salty cake to see what the buzz is about.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 21 2009, 2:46 pm
I have this theory, that circles outside ours don't bake as much as we do so any half decent cake is something to cheer about. That seems to apply with the root beer cake. OTOH, the Baked brownies, or my interpretation thereof* are pretty something good.

* I used chocolate chips, reduced the sugar by a spoon or two in case the recipe used unsweetened, and used what they would probably consider an inferior cocoa. I also may have overbeated as it's mildly cakey, but barely.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics