Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
At what point did you hire a cleaning lady?

Frumom

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 10:03 pm
For those of you who have cleaning ladies, at what point in your life did you first hire?
(Examples: after a few children, after starting to work outside the home...)

shoy18

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 10:06 pm
I got one right after the first time I attempted to clean the apt. It took me 30 minutes to change the linen, and when I was done my arms were killing.

girlsmom

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 10:10 pm
Pretty much right away. But only once a week.

Tefila

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 10:50 pm
When my husband implored me he wants a relaxed women not a cleaning lady for a wife Confused

nicole81

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 11:15 pm
I'm terrible at housekeeping. dh tried to change me for over a year. I was also working 45 hrs a week, so it's no wonder the place was so messy, but still, I'm bad to begin with. then when I had dd and I was on maternity leave, dh had the bright idea that I would finally have time to clean. lol, not in this lifetime with a nonstop screaming and crying baby. so after the apartment completely deteriorating, when dd was 3 weeks old, I flipped out, said (yelled) there's no way I was going on without a cleaning lady (hmm I think my postpartum hormones also made me a bit raging mad...) and that was that! no quesitons asked and I've never had aproblem getting cleaning help again:)

happymom

Post Mon, Mar 27 2006, 11:35 pm
when I had a baby

DL

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 12:08 am
after I married my dh.

shayna82

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 12:15 am
I have two kids, youngest being 10 months. We are making pesach for the first time, so I have decided to hire a little help for the nexxt couple of weeks. I am trying her out tommorow. I will have her do some annoying jobs that I just cant do when the kids are around. I have survived until now, and I know I will be more relaxed by the sedarim, then if I wouldnt have the help in the first place. im doing it for me. for my husband. for my kids. and for my sanity.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 2:37 am
After a few babies, I found someone really good, who stayed on for once a week. and I had a frum girl come Thursday nights not for deep cleaning, but helping with the children,baths, preparing for shabbos, laundry, ironing, dishes.

But before that I took cleaning help at least twice a week, even three x in the 2-3 weeks before Pesach, every year.

queen

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 9:25 am
a couple months after getting married when I found out I was pregnant.
(pregnancy was just an excuse!!! embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed ) as I didn't want to waste my energy cleaning, when it only cost us $20 every other week to have a woman come in for a couple hours.

lucky

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 1:28 pm
As soon as I could afford it. Wink

Tovah

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 1:58 pm
just recently when I moved. with 2 babies and a big house it helps.

supermommy

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 2:11 pm
after I realised that cleaning help can be such a sanity saver.

doublelucky

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 2:18 pm
Before I gave birth to my twins we had a CL once a week then afterwards we had a cleaning lady 2 sometimes 3 times week for a couple hrs. just to do the basics... it helped/s me cope better... Wink
not sure where you live but there's a cleaning agency in brooklyn called home clean home that sets you up with ppl. relatively inexpensive

mom3boys

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 2:28 pm
After 5 year of marriage, moved to a bigger home was facing pesach with 3 kids, very busy husband. The cleaning help didn't stick longer than pesach. Later that year I had to first get over my own ego, and finally hire a cleaning lady for once a week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics