Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Marble Floors -Safe for tots?

cantaloupe

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 8:54 pm
Do you think that marble floors are safe? I heard once of a child who had a serious injury from falling down on a marble floor & hitting the head.

octopus

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 9:19 pm
I don't know about marble, but that's why I didn't put down ceramic tile in my kitchen- instead I stuck to vinyl. I'm glad because my kids fall all the time, and they don't hurt themselves. I have nieces and nephews that fall all the time in their ceramic tile kitchen- and they really hurt themselves.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 9:19 pm
I think they are hard for falls ... hard not to break dishes ... hard on feet ...

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jul 26 2009, 9:29 pm
Marble flooring isn't so good for your back either. Be especially careful using marble floors in areas that get wet -- foyers, baths, kitchens -- because wet marble is very slippery.

Pizza

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 12:32 am
Pretty much everyone in Israel has marble floors. Maybe thats why Israelis are so hard-headed? Wink

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 12:55 am
I have marble floors throughout my house and while it looks very nice it makes me so nervous with my babies. My kids have fallen down and B"H no serious injuries, but it hurts. I have one large section of the house completely covered in those rubber interlocking tiles and I try to restrict the babies to that area until they are fairly steady on their feet. Life would be so much easier if we had wood floors.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics