Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where to buy a sheitel?

oodlesofnoodles

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 4:36 am
Hi, we are im"h leaving for Israel in less than three weeks and I want to buy another sheitel while we are there. Where is the best place to go to look at sheitels? I am a light brown/dirty blond, and looking for a long sheitel. How much should I expect to pay?
Preferably a sheitel place in the Yerushalayim area.

Thanks!!

lisaansell

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 10:25 pm
Hello,

Beverly Wigs are gorgeous-especially their blondes. They are located in Yerushalayim:

http://www.beverly-wigs.com/collection.html

Hatzlacha!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 4:01 am
Beverly doesn't feature real blond wigs on its site though... Blond wigs are really hard to come by, you may need to be a darker one and get it dyed or bleached or highlighted, but then you would need custom... It's hard finding a good, non yellow, non greyish blond, believe me I know!!

If you ever pass by Paris let me know and I'll give you the contact of a sheitelmacher who gets it.

But if you want in Israel really, google Pea Elokite and contact them. The owner is the wife of a good good friend of dh.

oodlesofnoodles

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 5:14 am
Thanks so much! I'll contact Beverly and Pea Elokite.
How much should I expect to spend for a long wig?

And Ruchel- I would LOVE to come to Paris but we got a direct flight this time- maybe next trip we'll take a stopover Smile

mommyofnineka

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 5:22 am
I have always used a woman called Tikva Stoloff. She really knows her stuff and LOVES doing shaitels. She has moved around a bit and now is in Neve Yaakov. I recently bought a semi-custom from her and it cost around 2300 shekels. If you call her in advance and let her know what you are looking for, she'll order a bunch and then you can pick out which one you like the best. She'll then wash, cut and style it on the spot. Her number is 02-583-3447.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 5:50 am
5000 to 9000 shekels for a long one (custom), apparently (for Pea Elokite).
If you have FB, do add Déborah Liebermann or her group pea elokite and ask exactly what you want!
You can also add my group everything sheitel! and ask there for offers or pm sheitelmachers...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions