Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Pesach Cookies made with Potato Starch

sara4

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 2:36 pm
Does anyone have any recipes for potato starch pesach cookies made with only potato starch (no matzah meal, cake meal. They have yummy cookies in the store but they are $5.00 plus per box.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 2:40 pm
I know people that make cookies with ground walnuts, sugar, eggwhites, and potato starch. I don't know the exact recipe, but they're very good. If anyone has that recipe, can you please post it?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 3:01 pm
I have had better luck with the cake mixes than with homemade cookies. I think they have cookies too, and none of it is gebrokts.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 3:50 pm
ud loose alot of weight without the cookies and cake on pesach. thats how I look at it Wink

shopaholic

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 5:08 pm
My mother makes great nut cookies without potato starch, just egg whites, sugar & ground nuts - yum! but I would love a recipe for those cookies that they sell.

MOM222

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 5:31 pm
The Heimish cookbook has a good one called Filbert Cookies. I don't have to cookbook with me otherwise I would type it up.

Here is a chocolate chip cookies.

2 C. sugar
2 eggs
3 T. vanilla sugar
1 C. oil
1 pkg. ground filberts (don't know the size)
2 C. potato starch
12 oz. chocolate chips

Beat eggs sugar and oil. Gradually add remaining ing. Refrigerate batter until chilled. Form 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on lined cookie sheet. bake at 35- for 12 minutes or until ready.

shanie5

Post Wed, Mar 29 2006, 6:05 pm
I found this in a cookbook I bought at the dollar store. I make it all year round cuz they are soooo good.

Dutch Macaroons:

2 egg whites- whipped till stiff

fold in:

1 cup sugar
6 oz bag ground almonds (equals 1 2/3 cups)

shape into logs, place on parchment paper on cookie sheet. bake 350 (thats 180 celcius) 15-20 minutes till golden

cool

melt 8 oz (225g) chocolate. dip bottom of cookie into choc. let set. drizzle rest of choc over top of cookies.

note: other ground nuts work too, just the consistency may be heavier or lighter.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 7:01 am
Shanie - you can shape these into logs? Aren't they too soft & liquidy? Or, do u just put them on the pan in a long strip shape?

MOM222

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 7:05 am
Shanie- When do you cut the logs?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 10:01 am
I got two of the mixes; hope they're good. Oh, and two cookie sheets to bake them on!

shanie5

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 2:40 pm
the recipe says to put the batter in a pastry bsag w/ 1/2 inch tip and pipe out 'fingers' about 3' long. depending on the kind of nuts u use, this works sometimes easier, sometimes harder. I found it easier to just take some batter and roll into short 2"-3" logs. when placing on cookie sheet, leave space for them to flatten and spread. the shape will be similar to the lady fingers sold for pesach.
note, the lighter the batter, the messier the hands get when rolling the cookies.

MOM222

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 4:13 pm
thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics