Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
What to wear to an unveiling

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 2:48 pm
I am MO BT, so I have no idea if this is appropriate.

The unveiling for Dh's grandmother (who was likea grandmother to me) is on Thursday. The family is mostly MO or Yeshivish/black hat with one section Stolaner (sp?) Chassidim.

I have a nice blakc/white long print skirt and a black shirt with white trim that I want to wear....but I am afraid it will look like I think of myself as 'in mourning'

advice pelase

cassandra

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 2:51 pm
I think that's fine-- it's not all black and I doubt anyone will be focusing on what you are wearing anyway. You are probably more sensitive to the black=mourning thing than they are.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 3:45 pm
Shabbos clothes, but not overly fancy. do I assume there will be a seudah or some sort of family gathering afterwards ?

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 4:07 pm
yes ther is a meal afterwards in far rockaway.

the outfit I want to wear is the new shabbos outfit that my dad got me for DD's kiddush Shabbos

acccdac

Post Tue, Aug 04 2009, 4:19 pm
I wore clothes that I wear for teaching (blouse and nice skirt) to my grandfather's and mother's unvailing.

it was what I was planning on wearing to work when it was over, didnt put anything "special" on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics