Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How muh does a car cost in Israel?
Previous  1  2

Marion

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 8:54 am
ss321 wrote:

hmm marion. 10,000 down is like 2500 down which is reasonable, but 500 bucks a month for a hyundai (isnt that what a getz is) is really high! wow! I just saw a lexus ad in the paper last week - something like 2,999 down and 499 a month and I remember thinking THAT is expensive. and that is for a lexus!

Who said anything about 10,000 down?

Tamiri

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 9:19 am
Motorcycles are cheaper LOL but there is no 7 passenger version.

BeckyR

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 9:36 am
while on this topic, what's the story with financing a car in Israel?

we're thinking of buying used from a rental agency when we make Aliya in a few months.

beilariva

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 11:11 am
shabri wrote:
beilariva wrote:
Cars are a bit over-prized here but there is no market at the moment so you can push the prize down fairly well. You should be able to get a standard Japanese car that didn't do too much milage (not more than 100.000km) for around 25.000 shekels. (this is if the year keeps around 00-03)

PM me the details of the car and I'll give you an Israeli opinion of the prize :0)

Where can you get one for such a price, I'd love to know

Search on yad2. Do you know how to do that in Hebrew? If you want to I can help you to make a rough search. Give me the details you want year, km, prize, how many owners.

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 12:51 pm
Just think, most people in MY area drive old clunkers. Forget Levi Yitzchak - go for yad2. Just6 make sure you check the car out before buying it.

beilariva

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 2:31 pm
Also, don't see the price offered as close to the final one.

We just bought a car and we paid a few thousand less than what they asked for. But it is very important to check the car carefully. We almost bought another car when the owner confessed that he had messed with the km-counter. B"H that he was honest!

mominisrael2

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 2:54 pm
How much does insurance cost approximately? We're thinking of buying a 2003 Pugeot but are trying to figure out the cost of maintenance/insurance/gas/etc. vs. the cost of taking buses/cabs everywhere (mostly in terms of the value of our time, a ton of which is spent waiting at the bus stop these days!)...

Tova

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 3:26 pm
This thread is also an eye-opener to me! Wow.

Does anybody ever (ie - is it a cheaper option) ship their US car over upon making aliya?

mandksima

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 3:57 pm
Tova wrote:
This thread is also an eye-opener to me! Wow.

Does anybody ever (ie - is it a cheaper option) ship their US car over upon making aliya?

I think it costs a few thousand to ship it and you have to pay some taxes on it probably. You also have to get it fixed so that the requirements that are different here are met. If the car is brand new, it might be worth it but if it isn't, it may be wiser to sell it there and buy something else here. Also, when it needs parts, sometimes they are super expensive here if the same model doesn't exist here and you might have to wait until they get the part in. It hardly is worth the trouble. Also, if it is a gas guzzler, it definitely isn't affordable here.

We bought a cheaper house knowing we'd want to spend the money on a car.

Metukah

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 9:11 pm
BeckyR wrote:
while on this topic, what's the story with financing a car in Israel?

we're thinking of buying used from a rental agency when we make Aliya in a few months.

Some people claim it isn't worth buying used from a rental agency, since being that the drivers of these cars weren't the owners they may have tried using the car to it's max capability; very often ruining the car in a non-visible way!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions