Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Random and weird questions
Previous  1  2

Flowerpot

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 10:33 pm
why or when does someone need to freeze milk.

Why isn't there any good water to drink like poland spring in the usa. I always say next time I'm bringing them along.

Flowerpot

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 10:35 pm
I also could never find ready plain simple tuna or egg salad.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 10:38 pm
flowerpot wrote:
You have to know where to shop. The super where I buy has E V E R Y T H I N G behind the parve deli counter. There are cheese and meat and fish delis as well.
Freezing: We use about 8 liters/week if everyone is home. 2 of those liters are "iffy" so I freeze them to keep them fresh. I froze gallon containers of milk in the States too, when I got them on sale for 99c.

merelyme

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 10:51 pm
flowerpot wrote:

Many people buy all their milk for Pesach before Pesach, so if there's a minuscule piece of chametz inside it will be battel.

Inspired

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 11:22 pm
merelyme wrote:
flowerpot wrote:

Many people buy all their milk for Pesach before Pesach, so if there's a minuscule piece of chametz inside it will be battel.

As I understand it the pasturization or homogenization or maybe its the vitamins(?) creates, somehow, a chashash of chometz. Some people use only fresh milk on pesach, usually those people use milk only for the very young children and the sick elderly. All mehadrin milk products in EY are labeled "kosher lepesach erev pesach".

I don't mind the milk in a bag. I guess I am so used to it.

ulimom

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 7:30 am
There's just something to drinking shoko b'sakit....

Fabulous

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 7:35 am
flowerpot wrote:

You're gonna laugh but when I went for a trip to family in high school I brought tuv taav tuna (with an ice pack in my luggage) and skippy's pb so that I would always have something I liked to spread on my bread. best decision I made.

And yes, I probably could've found in Israel had I known where to look, but I didn't.

katb

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 8:47 am
We freeze milk as never know how much we are going to need and it is useful in case you run out. I thought that was pretty obvious.....

Ezrachar

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 11:05 am
I had a friend who for her year in israel (12 years ago) she would buy her milk, freeze it and then defrost and skim off the milkfat - she couldn't get skim milk anywhere and this was her way of "creating" it.

Simcha100

Post Sat, Aug 08 2009, 2:13 pm
Inspired wrote:
I'll start with this one, feel free to add yours.

Why is baking soda sold with a shaker top? Are their people who sprinkle baking soda? on what?

If I remember correctly- My mother once told me to stop jukes or ants from coming out at night/ in general, to sprinke baking soda in a dry place, since I have little kids I just did it one night behind my sink, dried it first. I don't know if it helped.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions