Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Salmon Fish for Shabbos

Newly Wed

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 7:08 pm
It is a bit late in the erev Shabbos game but I still need a recipe for salmon fish for Shabbos. Marinated fish won't work this late... What else can I try?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 7:45 pm
you're gonna laugh, but this always comes out great. Just slice onions and put on top of salmon, pour on mikee's sesame teryaki sauce. bake for like 1/2 hour covered and like 10 min without, yum!! Or if you want it hot. Bake like ten minutes before the zman so it's a 1/3 cooked and leave on 250 covered till your dh comes home. Take it out as soon as he comes home though (unless it's very late) and leave it covered so it's not in there too long and doesn't dry out.

Newly Wed

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 7:54 pm
Im not sure what Mikee's Sesame Teriyaki sauce is- can I substitute regular teriyaki sauce?

cassandra

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 7:58 pm
Fabulous wrote:
you're gonna laugh, but this always comes out great. Just slice onions and put on top of salmon, pour on mikee's sesame teryaki sauce. bake for like 1/2 hour covered and like 10 min without, yum!! Or if you want it hot. Bake like ten minutes before the zman so it's a 1/3 cooked and leave on 250 covered till your dh comes home. Take it out as soon as he comes home though (unless it's very late) and leave it covered so it's not in there too long and doesn't dry out.

Mikees sesame teriyaki is the best on salmon (from a non-fan of bottled sauces.) I love salmon cold or room temp so I never have those issues, but it's really great. It comes in a glass bottle with a brown label, most of the kosher stores have it.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 7:59 pm
Newly Wed wrote:
Im not sure what Mikee's Sesame Teriyaki sauce is- can I substitute regular teriyaki sauce?

regular teryaki sauce is too similar to soy sauce and I don't think would work. Do you live in bp?

Stepmum

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 3:21 am
Dill, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper and Garlic. Mix together. Let stand for 30 mins. Bake for 15 mins on 180.

You can substitute Tarragon for Dill if you want a slightly more adult flavour.

Cow

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 3:37 am
Mix a few tbsp. of mayo, a squirt of mustard, one or two crushed garlic cloves, and a few drops of lemon juice. Spread over fish and bake at 200C for about 13 minutes. Tastes really yummy and gourmet Smile (in my opinion)

bubby

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 5:47 am
I buy Daddy's Salmon Glaze & shmear it on. Very easy, bake covered. Or I spray with PAM & sprinkle garlic powder & regular tamari sauce. Or just salt & LJ...(that one is better served cold.)

happy2beme

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 6:55 am
Another vote for mikee's sesame teriyaki sauce! My dh doesn't even like salmon, but when I made it with this sauce he loved it so much he had it every night of the 9 days!

Newly Wed

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 6:59 am
Thanks everyone! These recipes look like they taste delicious. Will try to see if the supermarket sells the sesame teriyaki sauce... otherwise I'll try one of the other recipes.

Thanks and Gut Shabbos!

Fabulous

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 7:01 am
no problem. If you live in bp, I know that Goldberg's has it usually. Also, yiddel's (on New Utrecht and 50th) has it. G'luck and Gut Shabbos!

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 7:07 am
my version is broiled with soy sauce and tons of garlic ... eats hot or warm or cold ... same day or next ...

but once my son helped someone cook up the most amazing morrocan salmon - if only I had some now ... mmmm

sky

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 7:11 am
This is easy and uses standard ingredients:

KBD's teriyaki salmon:
1 large or 4 small fillets, skin removed (I don't take off the sking)
dijon mustard
3/4 cup teriyaki
3/4 cup soy sauce s
1/2 cup brown sugar

brush fillet with mustard.
Mix rest of ingredients. Pour half of marinade over salmon. Marinate 1 -4 hours.
Preheat grill. Grill the salmon for 6- 8 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Baste salmon often with the reserved marinade.

I normally broil this instead of grilling and it is fantastic. I marinate it in more then 1/2 because this way it is covered and I don't use so much marinade when basting.

pinktichel

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 8:04 am
mayo
ketchup
onion soup mix

Mix together in a bowl and spread over salmon fillets.

garlic powder
paprika
black pepper
dill

Sprinkle over.

Just made this for shabbos. It's very good.

cassandra

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 8:08 am
Newly Wed wrote:
Thanks everyone! These recipes look like they taste delicious. Will try to see if the supermarket sells the sesame teriyaki sauce... otherwise I'll try one of the other recipes.

Thanks and Gut Shabbos!

And it's not a cop out-- I'm not a lazy cook and I love salmon and make it many different ways (I'll even eat it plain, or with just a bit of s&p) but mikee's sesame teriyaki just takes salmon to a whole different level.

This is not a paid advertisement.

Rochelly

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 8:09 am
mix mayo, ketchp, garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper

you can put frozen veggies (green beans/ zuccini) in the bottom of the pan

Put fish on top

Pour sauce over fish

cover and bake for 45 min '

uncover and bake for another few minutes!!

Yummy!!

pinktichel

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 8:11 am
cassandra wrote:
Newly Wed wrote:

Thanks and Gut Shabbos!

And it's not a cop out-- I'm not a lazy cook and I love salmon and make it many different ways (I'll even eat it plain, or with just a bit of s&p) but mikee's sesame teriyaki just takes salmon to a whole different level.

This is not a paid advertisement.

Now you're making me think it's worth having it brought from America so I can try it! I love salmon and I'm always looking for good recipes (I'm very picky).

Beauticianista

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 9:12 am
I make the same salmon every week and everyone loves it (although I've never tasted it, I don't like fish Smile)

I first cook gefilte in this sauce so it has more of a flavor, but you don't have to do that.

I fill a pan about 1/2-3/4 with water and let it boil up. Add 1-2 onions, sliced (depending on how much you're making), add 2-3 cloves garlic, black pepper, salt, about 1/4 cup sugar and a peeled carrot. Make sure it's boiling, and then add the salmon skin up and let it cook one hour, covered. I also add some pike skin into the sauce so that it becomes jelly-like after a about a day in the fridge.

Also, make sure you're letting a little bit of air out of the cover. I just use a double aluminum foil pan and cover with silver foil to cook, so I just make some holes with a fork in the silver foil
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics