Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toilet training at night

happy

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 12:13 am
at what age are most kids trained by night?
HOW do you train a kid -night????

goldrose

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 9:14 am
I dont know about most kids age, and personally I think it doesnt matter, since your child will do things when he is ready regardless of what most kids do.

as far as training at night- what I did was, at the same time as I was 'training' them during the day, I'd also let them sleep with underwear at night. they had a few accidents till the figured it out. but it's worked with both of mine. I did keep in mind, though, that iwasnt going to pressure them, and just try it out, and if it wouldnt work, we didnt lose anything by trying.

good luck.

shoy18

Post Fri, Mar 31 2006, 9:25 am
for training at night, dont give them drinks at least 1.5 hours before they go to bed, and also when they first start, try and wake them before you go to bed and take them to the bathroom, just like when your trying to train a baby to sleep through the night.

DL

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:39 pm
I did the same as goldrose. we trained day and night at the same time. I think that if you do not do it that way, they get mixed messages.

mom3boys

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 7:29 am
All kids are different. I usually wait to see if they wake up in a dry diaper, usually by 3 years of age. Then it all depends on the size of your child's bladder, how much they drank before sleep and how deep of a sleeper they are.
Good luck, but don't expect to be accident free Wink

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Apr 04 2006, 11:26 am
As far as most children are concerned a pullup IS a diaper. Take it away, Youll bwe washing linen every night for a few days but then it will be over. I tried to wait my son out, after a while he just thought that if he was in a pullup it was there to be used, I took them away, and within a week, he was completly trained. In fact I trained my younger one at night at the same time as the older one! It was the best thing I did.

withhumor

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 9:54 pm
I learned from my oldest that the stupidest thing I did was not to train her for the night at the same time that I was training her for the day. She was under such pressure at first that at night, she didn’t wet at all! I grabbed that opportunity by kid number 2 and it worked like charm. Be prepared to wash some linen. It’s okay if they wet even every night, but eventually, after about a week, they get the hang of it.

Number one, keep a potty inside the crib (yes, inside) or nexto to the bed if your child uses a big bed. Believe it or not, they will use it if you make a big fuss about the potty on the bed. The biggest shock for you will be to wake up in the morning and see that your kid awoke and did number two just fine without you. Good luck !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training