Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Leaving long messages

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 9:09 am
so I find it annoying when someone leaves a long message on my voice mail - I mean come on call me later and tell me all the details ... unless it's important information that you can take down for something specific ... not just a conversation ...

solo

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 9:40 am
I always leave messages
sometimes theyre short like I just called to say hello
and sometimes theyre long like I wanted to let you know...,
and I always prefer that people leave me a message when they call
this way I know how urgent it is that I call back, and whether I need to have time for a long convo

I suppose a long chatty purposeless message would annoy me though

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 10:23 am
Actually, it saves me time from calling back, going through the nonsensical greetings just to get to the point!

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 10:26 am
you're missing the point ... if you have a point in the message, it's fine ... if it's just babble that you would only do with the person - it's silly to talk to a machine ...

maybe I'll start leaving messages on people's machines that are far fetched ... hm ... Scratching Head

"I would have liked to answer the phone but was busy changing my tampon" Twisted Evil

Debbie

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 3:56 pm
I remember having a long message left on my answer machine some while ago,shame it was the wrong number!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 3:59 pm
People can leave five minute messages on my cell phone. The only thing that should be left on an answering machine is a name and number and confirming an appt.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 4:01 pm
I'm with you Greenfire - just tell your name & number & I'll call you back. Or, give me a short message - 5 words should do it Smile "I just wanted to talk to you about x"

Fox

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 4:13 pm
I've gotten so old and curmudgeonly that I don't really want to talk to anyone unnecessarily. Why can't they email like normal people? Of course, then I get emails that say, "Can you call me?" So now I've established myself as hating the phone and email -- maybe I need to hibernate in my cave for a few months until I have a better attitude! LOL

levial

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 4:15 pm
"Hi, this is Mrs Levial...I am gathering my thoughts while talking to the machine so you have enough info to decide whether and when to return my call..."

Laughing because you know I am worried when I leave messages. You know how long I can post...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette