Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Chometzphobia......

mom3boys

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:49 am
Is there such condition?
I am starting to become increasingly obsessive when in this department. Scared crumbs will travel to places I have cleaned already.
Anyone else in a experiencing this condition?

shoshb

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:52 am
I suffer from the same condition. There is no known cure.

hisorerus

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:56 am
How do I create that phobia for myself? I'm so laissez faire about chometz, because I know what I don't need to clean, that I'm missing out on that very important part of Pesach preparation.

jewgal84

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 12:01 pm
Famous vort I heared, from one of the sichos of the Lubav. Rebbe.

Dust is not chometz and your children are not karbon pesach

Last edited by jewgal84 on Sun, Apr 02 2006, 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

happyone

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 12:02 pm
Thumbs Up

mom3boys

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 12:13 pm
Quote:

Crumbs are not chometz and your children are not karbon pesach

Rolling Laughter

This will be my new mantra
Thanks Thumbs Up

nechamashifra

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 2:38 pm
mom3boys, jewgal said DUST is not chometz, you changed it into CRUMBS... Wink

hardwrknmom

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 3:05 pm
jewgal84 wrote:

Dust is not chometz and your children are not karbon pesach

Absolutely correct. One is not to go CRAZY!! Trust me I am SPOTLESS! But I will not bust my chops to search for every crumb non visible.

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 3:30 pm
Oh boy! I thought we straightened this out already .

There is no known sicha in which the Rebbe said such a statement. and no other known source traced back in either writing, or to the person who heard this directly from the Rebbe.

Repeat from the other thread, I have spoken to mashpiim and chozrim of the Rebbe's sichos, who are bekiim in all his writings and sichos and they too have never seen this statement with a source at all, much less the Rebbe's sichos.

In my youth I heard this quote in the name of the Rav of our community, Rav Zalman Shimon Dworkin. then before I knew it, it was being told that someone heard this at yechidus, and now it has become a sicha Rolling Eyes

The Rebbe was not known for using sarcasm with women, or putting down efforts to do mitzvos with dedication. or as Crayon posted in the other thread, use of one - liners.

jewgal84

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 7:57 pm
SY- we had it straightened it out in the other thread. I had replied twice with the same answer "dust is not ...", no need to get all upset!!!

chen

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 8:43 am
Technically crumbs don't count unless they are a kezayis or more and/or if they are actually consumed on pesach. Bittul chometz takes care of anything you missed--that's why we do it. The half a Cheerio behind your radiator is "ke-afroh de-ar'oh" anyway.

happymom

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 9:12 am
maybe but it still feels good to have that cheerio vaccumed s\o that u know everywhere in your house is really spotless... at least once a year! I think at this time its so importnat for ppl to have cleaning help. ESpecially if there are alor of kids around.. that way they wont be karbon pesach! Wink

chen

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 11:30 am
happymom wrote:
maybe but it still feels good to have that cheerio vaccumed

Well, of course you wouldn't deliberately leave it there if you know it's there. But once you have cleaned, unless you have a real reason to believe that something has been carried in (as in a 6-year-old eating pretzels, not by an errant breeze or on the sole of your shoe), there is no reason to clean again.

AAMOF, it is recognized that some chometz will inevitably make its way in on things like soles of shoes, and for this reason it is recommended #1 not to bring bicycles, little red wagons and the like into the house from the outside and #2 not to use any utensils or eat any food that fell on the floor during pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics