Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Food stamp card replacement

shluchamom

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 11:02 pm
A friend of mine who doesn't have internet at home asked me to post here if there is a way to get a replacement card ordering it online or where does she go to get a new one.

also can she get the cash that they just put on for school supplies even if her card doesn't swipe (which is why she needs a new one).

thanks for all your assistance I will forward all responses or pms to her.

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 11:07 pm
I doubt she could do it online. She should call the hotline for foodstamps and ask them what she should do. Most probably she needs to go down to the welfare office to apply for a replacement.

im here!

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 1:44 pm
I had it a few times already. I called 877-472-8411 and requested a new one. They disactivate the old one until you receive the new one in the mail.
Sometimes is works and sometimes they tell you they will send out a new one and never end up doing it.

chavy

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 1:46 pm
She can get the cash at a cash checking place.

happyone

Post Tue, Aug 18 2009, 5:54 pm
chavy wrote:

Wow, cash for school supplies?! Scratching Head Scratching Head Sometimes I wonder why I work so hard to make an honest living! My friends that sit home on their rare ends are getting cash for school supplies....
Makes me think and wonder....
Anyway, enjoy the shopping!

momomany

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 7:34 am
Quote:
Wow, cash for school supplies?! Sometimes I wonder why I work so hard to make an honest living! My friends that sit home on their rare ends are getting cash for school supplies....

Some people work really hard to make an honest living and still qualify for food stamps and this new cash benefit! Your comment about people "sitting on their rare (sic) ends" was insensitive. Also, many people who derive no benefit from government income programs and are raking it in financially are not necessarily doing it honestly - ie Madoff......ie income tax fraud (off the books) etc. Lets try & keep our OWN lives clean while seeing others in a positive light & "farginning" everyone the comforts that they have.

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 7:39 am
usually there is a # on the card to call if you have problems

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 7:45 am
hey while I'm in new york ya think I can get the cash ?! how ??

Raisin

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 8:47 am
happyone wrote:
chavy wrote:

Wow, cash for school supplies?! Scratching Head Scratching Head Sometimes I wonder why I work so hard to make an honest living! My friends that sit home on their rare ends are getting cash for school supplies....

and you know this person irl so you can comment on how she is sitting around doing nothing?

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 8:52 am
happyone wrote:
rare ends

while they might be rare - I believe it is the rear

just thought I'd chime in ... don't be hatin'

happyone

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 4:03 pm
I was not referring to the poster regarding the sitting on her rear end. I was referring to my friends I know IRL sitting home ..... and there are quite a few I know.
as for the ones getting it, I was not criticizing that part of it at all if they qualify, by all means - go shopping for school supplies!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Aug 19 2009, 5:47 pm
happyone, there is no greater job in the world than staying home raising your own children. Someone else should raise the kids you worked hard to have, and get paid for it too???

Just my opinion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries