Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Reading glasses

bella

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 7:58 pm
I suspect that my 6 year old might need reading glasses. Tonight when she was learning with DH he mentioned that he thought she was having trouble seeing the chumash. I had her try it with my reading glasses and she did much better.

Am I a horrible mother for thinking that if dollar store glasses work I don't need to bother taking her for an exam? My glasses are the weakest strength available at the dollar store and they seemed to help her. I know lots of people who use dollar store reading glasses and they say that they are just the same as the expensive ones given by an optician.

She does get a screening at the pediatrician each year and he tests for health-related eye issues. There is nothing obvious that might be medical. My main concern is that maybe her difficulty reading is due to something medical, rather than just being far-sighted.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 20 2009, 9:37 pm
Is there any way you can get her to an optometrist? Some advertise as fairly reasonable. Kids need a baseline appointment with an eye dr. at just about this age. Trust me, it is a good investment. And if she needs glasses she needs a precise prescription.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics