Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Products cheaper in America

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 3:59 am
I'm going to America for Pesach. I know a lot of american products these days we can get for the same price or slightly more in Israel. Does anyone have suggestions of things (food, household stuff, anything) you know (for a fact, not think) that are cheaper or better quality in the states? (ex: diapers I've heard both ways, clothing is def cheaper and better in the states, childrens tylenol, motrin are cheaper there)
I go back very rarely so really want to stock up to save $$.
TIA

sarahd

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 4:23 am
Hydrogen peroxide and rubbing alcohol are much cheaper in America, if you need those things.

Expecting

Post Wed, Apr 05 2006, 8:38 am
motrin and tylenol if you get a perscription from your doc and you are on meuhedet, you can get for e12 shek for a big bottle which is much better than I have seen in america.

Blossom

Post Mon, Apr 10 2006, 12:29 am
I thought it's just the opposite. With the american dollar so much stronger than the shekel.

mali

Post Mon, Apr 10 2006, 12:59 am
just a small tip: if you're trying to save, don't get those products that you use once in a blue moon, cause then you'll be saving only about $1 a year, and leaving less room in your suitcase for more useful products. I stock up on toys (hide them away) and clothing. pharmacy goods, like deodorant and baby powder are also much cheaper and better in the states. if you're into baking, the american sugars - brown and confectioner's are much better than the israeli ones. and cosmetics - anything you buy there will cost you double in israel (for example, in israel you pay for revlon as much as you'd be paying in america for lancome).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics