Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Incredibly moist honey cake recipe
  Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next

FraydaSue

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 2:05 am
How long does it need to bake for in a 9x13? And in loaf pans?

pinktichel

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 2:11 am
FraydaSue wrote:
How long does it need to bake for in a 9x13? And in loaf pans?

Sorry, but I have no idea. My oven is not one to judge by. Rolling Eyes I just kept checking them and sticking with a skewer.

Sherri

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 12:39 pm
Thanks- I am off to try it!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Sep 10 2009, 12:59 pm
devy88 wrote:
pinktichel wrote:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into greased 9x13. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.

I made SO many of these last yr and not one failed. I froze them and they were so moist and delicious when defrosted.

well, as for this being a no-fail cake....I guess u haven't met me yet Crying

I decided to try this in a bundt pan 'cuz I wanted something just a little more fancy (was going to put some kind of icing onto it)

someone please tell me what I did wrong: I baked it on 325 instead of 350 so that the outside shouldn't burn , and I baked it for an hour or more... I finally gave up when I saw the edges turning black and yet the inside was still wet in some areas.

let me also add that I used a silicone bundt pan 'cuz I usually have trouble getting it out of the regular bundt pans. does anyone know why this failed?

tia

I would have still baked it at 350 and made sure the pan was centered in the oven.

FraydaSue

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 12:01 am
I've made it - in 2 long thin pans - delicious - one's going to DS in yeshiva and the other one was a "test" case. It passed!

3Qts

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 11:38 am
Thanks Pink..My "rosh Hashanah Cake" Lasted exactly 1 hour It didnt even have time to reach room temperture. Will make another one or two before yom tov..

Sherri

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 3:48 pm
Sherri wrote:
Thanks- I am off to try it!

It was fantastic- already gave out the recipe!
Was I the only one who found it to be small? I would definitely double it as a default.

willow

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 5:45 am
pinktichel wrote:
2 eggs
3/4 c. honey
1 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. strong coffee

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Pour into greased 9x13. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.

I made SO many of these last yr and not one failed. I froze them and they were so moist and delicious when defrosted.
\
Funny question but the cup of coffee its not grounds right? Its a cup of hot water with coffee?

tm

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 5:58 am
thanks for this recipe. I made it last week and when I tasted it fresh out of the oven, I didn't think it was so moist. but then I froze it and I tasted a piece yesterday out of the freezer and it was much more moist! strange but I'm happy about that!

pinktichel

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 6:13 am
willow wrote:
pinktichel wrote:
2 eggs
3/4 c. honey
1 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. strong coffee

\
Funny question but the cup of coffee its not grounds right? Its a cup of hot water with coffee?

that's right.

Glad those who made it, enjoyed it.

willow

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 8:54 am
Thank you pinktichel. I am going to make this my dh requested a moist honey cake so this sounds easy enough:) Plus you got good reviews;)

cookielady

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 6:38 pm
I trust you pink and am going to try it.

cookielady

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 8:24 pm
They were easy to make. My son tasted it and said the texture is weird. That's why I never make honey cake. I am not trying anymore.

curlytop

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 8:28 pm
I tried this today and it came out delish.
Think I baked it for like 5 minutes too long...
I made in 2 smaller pans, hope to freeze one before it gets eaten.
Thanks OP Smile

yitta25

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 8:47 pm
Made it today...delicious. Added to my recipe book. Definitely one ill make again.

mir11

Post Sun, Sep 13 2009, 11:54 pm
do you think I can make cupcakes from recipe

and does it HAVE to be refrigerated overnight or can I just leave it there a few hours??

thanks

pina colada

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 1:59 am
thanks pinks, this sounds so easy its almost sinful not to try it!

Will let you know IY"H the results.

pinktichel

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 5:24 am
cookielady wrote:
They were easy to make. My son tasted it and said the texture is weird. That's why I never make honey cake. I am not trying anymore.

sorry

Last edited by pinktichel on Mon, Sep 14 2009, 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total

pinktichel

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 5:26 am
mir11 wrote:
do you think I can make cupcakes from recipe

and does it HAVE to be refrigerated overnight or can I just leave it there a few hours??

thanks

Don't see why you wouldn't be able to make cupcakes out of it...

refrigerated overnight? This is a dump in bowl, mix and bake recipe. No refrigeration necessary.

jsmith

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 5:50 am
thank you pink tichel just made it its absolutly wonderful I think im going to hide it away for yom tov before anyone attacks it Compress
Page 2 of 11   Previous  1  2  3   9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins