Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Dealing with Embarressing Moments

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 3:55 pm
Ok so I am at the Dr's bored stiff waiting for myself about 1/2hr goes by so I decided to pick up what looked like the cleanest magazine Parenting and some of it well most was shtus! But one thing I laughed at was a title which said 'escaping embbarresing moments' I liked it. So I've decided to implement the title here. Obviously our embbarresing moments with our kids are not the same, but it is funny or more like embbarresing and how did you deal with it?

Last edited by Tefila on Tue, Jan 18 2005, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 11:28 am
Even though I posted it in Body Parts I decided it belongs here! Smile
My 2 yr old asked me a week ago whats that? So I said my tummy, but she said no mummy, tummy is here... and shows me her tummy, but whats that ...... she asked, pointing upwards? so I tell her it's my chest. Thinking it was the safest answer to give to my talkative 2 yr old
On Shabbos, meal time with a couple of older guests she out of the blue started singing 'mummy has big chest, I have small chest'. embarrassed
Oh dear I had to tell her Tatty is saying a Dvar Torah now, so lets quite down!! The guests just laughed

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 11:55 am
what do you do when your kid would rather be running around the grocery store than sitting in the cart? she slips right through the belts in the cart and stands up. when we're waiting in the check-out line, she's screaming, trying to wriggle out of my arms. I feel like everyone is staring at me and my "out-of-control" kid embarrassed !

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 12:02 pm
Quote:
I feel like everyone is staring at me and my "out-of-control" kid
!
Just put on your gorgeous smile and say to noone in perticular Right now this child is up for rent cheap interested?Very Happy
Or this is not my child I am babysitting her or whatever sounds good. Very Happy It will not be lying since any person could tell it's yours just by your reaction. Try it , I have and works wonders for calming you, relieves tension etc

Tefila

Post Fri, Jan 14 2005, 10:57 am
Quote:
she slips right through the belts in the cart and stands up

0613 you know there are inflatable seats you can buy that will keep tot put e.g. shopping cart....... don't own one but have seen them Smile

Rivka

Post Sun, Jan 16 2005, 6:15 pm
My son doesn't like to sit in the seat either and for a bit coz I have hubby with me when we go shopping (coz I can't drive yet) it was ok to let him run around coz one of us could follow him. Last time we went shopping though my husband had enough of his running round and we put him in the trolley standing and he loved it. I know it says do not put child standing in trolley so you have to push it extra slow so you don't stop suddenly. So your shopping takes double the time but it's minus the screaming and also with him running around it takes about that long anyway.

miriam

Post Sun, Jan 16 2005, 7:09 pm
My one year old loves being in the back standing up. We almost got kicked out of Home Depot b/c their insurance policy says kids have to be in the sitting part. Apparently a child really got hurt. He wouldn't tell us details. We tried to explain that she is too small to fall out, not tall enough. We basically just walked away and finshed our shopping trip.

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Jan 16 2005, 7:27 pm
we take 2 carts - 1 for kids & 1 for stuff

Last edited by ForeverYoung on Fri, Feb 04 2005, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 25 2005, 9:29 am
Once I flew to my parents with my then 20-month old daughter. She threw a fit at the air port, screaming for her father, it was really terrible, people were looking at me as if I kidnapped the child! She continued in the plane (night flight, so people were grumpy already) and only after I gave her some cola (she never got that from me, but hey, I was desperate!) she calmed down.... Confused

BasHashem

Post Fri, Feb 04 2005, 12:14 am
I love this. when ever I take my kids out all together and they miss behave, and I want to fall right through the floor, I look at the person closesst to me and say...(if my hubby) boy!! remind me never to baby sit these kids again, and then of corse I crack up, b/c every kids looks exactly like me and hubby.

Or I'll tell the kids that their mother will be here some, so they better behave, we all have a great laugh.

once my daughter came into the bathroom while I was taking a bath. I must not have noticed her, because when I came out, she said mommy I didnt know you had a beard too. OMG! embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

Bashashem

Pearl

Post Fri, Feb 04 2005, 3:53 am
BasHashem - LOL , especially the remark from your daughter - embarrassed Their outlook on things can be so clean and honest - it's just beautiful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics