Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cross-country movers?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 10:39 am
Moving stuff from storage to another state - approx 1000 miles. Anyone have a reliable mover or one to avoid? I'm probably sticking with a large-well known company.

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 10:45 am
Shulgasser Bros Moving
29 Westminster Pl
Passaic, NJ 07055
Phone: (973) 458-9658

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 10:51 am
I have friends who had a bad experience with Atlas movers--they specifically dealth with one in NJ, but this move was from NJ to Washington state.

I had a good experience with Allied . (Reliable Movers in Elizabeth). This was a shorter move (a few hundred miles), and I filled a whole (slightly smaller than the big rigs) truck.

The key to getting it on time is having a full truck, or being on the back end of truck (making it full). They wait to shlep until they get a full truck. My friends who used Atlas were told their stuff was supposed to be in Seattle 3 weeks latest....their stuff instead SAT in a truckyard in NJ for 4 weeks, meanwhile, they were BH able to stay in old apt the xtra time, but had no furniture and had to borrow air mattresses, etc.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 11:05 am
International Sea and Air (NOT Sea and Air International)

We moved from Brooklyn to the UK and got our stuff in 2 weeks!! They packed up for us (I know you don't need that service) and we were very happy. Check them out on the web. We got quotes from a few places and they were the most reasonably priced.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating