Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Caffeine suppositories
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sun, Sep 20 2009, 1:52 pm
where to find them in israel? in need for them for the upcoming fast. please advise.

losingweight

Post Sun, Sep 20 2009, 11:21 pm
Please check with your LOR about using them on yom kippur. My dh always uses them and we foung out after yom kippur last year that they weren't permissible. Something to do with the mitzvah of fasting.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Sep 20 2009, 11:53 pm
Zlata wrote:
Please check with your LOR about using them on yom kippur. My dh always uses them and we foung out after yom kippur last year that they weren't permissible. Something to do with the mitzvah of fasting.

that's ridiculous, I never heard of such a thing. suppositories have been in use since the day they were created. What's next, assur to sniff tobacco on yom kippur?

ValleyMom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 12:22 am
I am a major coffee, caffiene addict and what I do is right before the fast starts I drink a BIG cup of high octane coffee with a chaser of Tension Headache Excedrin (it has caffiene in the pill) and then I am okay for 98% of the fast. Toward the tail end of the fast, at times, I feel the headache coming on but usually an hour or two before the fast ends.
Good Luck to you.
I dont think I could do a suppository.
Ever.
:-)

amother

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 1:20 am
Zlata wrote:

can you provide a source? did your husband actually ask a rov.
sounds like one of those halachos that people invent because they think it's not in the spirit of the fast.
For example my sister always tells me off if I'm wearing a leather coat on YK or 9av. I told her it isn't shoes and the halacha is on shoes but she keeps insisting "but it's leather"

amother

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 3:04 am
thank you all for your advice and whatnot, but all I asked for was a place for where I can find them. if you need to start a thread on is it permissible or not, dont put it in mine. obviously I passed that base already and am in need of acquiring them.

and as for what helps you for your fast..thanks but im doing this for years already, and this is my only solution at this point. so thank you, but no thanks.

~Caffeine Addict in need of a Fix Smile

jackiejoel3

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 3:42 am
I don't know where you are located but you can buy them in most of your local pharmacies in any religious neighborhood. You need to ask for them. Go soon because sometimes they run out earlier and have to order you one. If you are in Jerusalem I can give you specific pharamcies that I know carry them if you need.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 4:40 am
yes please...if you dont mind.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 9:36 am
from my experience, the pharmacists whip them up in their place on their own and sell them for about $2.00 a piece. They make only a certain amount so go early and get 2. Buy the one that is tylenol PLUS caffeine and use it at about 10 am... Hatzlacha. It's the only way I can fast these days. Used to land in the hospital without them.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 10:27 am
Isn't fasting part of inui ?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:20 am
yeah but massive headache isnt. and if it impedes fasting, how is that a good thing.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 11:23 am
Aren't headaches part of inui ?

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 12:42 pm
The OP doesn't want a discussion... just wants to know where to get them

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 12:48 pm
that's ok. she's not in charge here.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 12:53 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Aren't headaches part of inui ?
Um... no. it doesnt say anywhere that youre mechuyev to have a headache on yk. I take acetominophin suppositories almost every YK.

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 12:55 pm
I can't stand the fast... yuk... I get so dizzy and nauseous Confused

amother

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 1:02 pm
I don't mean to judge, but isn't it preferable to break the habit rather than year after year putting a foreign object up there just so you can get your fix? shock

sped

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 1:15 pm
Did anyone notice that noone has answered the question yet? Please. I am also waiting for an answer. I hope that aside from the headache thing, I will be able to daven better.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 1:31 pm
amother wrote:
I don't mean to judge, but isn't it preferable to break the habit rather than year after year putting a foreign object up there just so you can get your fix? shock

so stop judging. you do what you do, I do what I do, that's what we all do best...right? and chocolate moose, I am in charge, I started the thread, if anyone doesnt like it go start your own, or hijack another. this is my turf.

and yes, I would appreciate an answer. no advice, just to advise. and no judging, just a location. thank you. goodbye Smile

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Sep 21 2009, 2:09 pm
amother wrote:
Um, no. I'd rather have koach to my kids and a clear head after getting up in the morning, even if I suffer 1-2 days a year.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions