Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Changing Over from Winter to Summer

Mishie

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 9:00 am
When are you changing your family's clothing from Winter to Summer?
And - where do you live?

I'm not sure if I should do it yet, as the weather here in Israel has been changing back and forth alot during the past couple of weeks.

Some days are HOT, like today...
When you opened the door to go outside, it felt like an Oven.
And, on Chol-HaMoed there were a couple of really cold and rainy days... sometimes even pouring!!!!!!!!!

It's a pretty big job, it usually takes me a whole day to do everyones clothing!

Sunny Sunny Sunny (couldn't find a rainy icon... LOL)

shalhevet

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 10:33 am
I will change over as soon as I get time (once my kitchen is all back to normal) maybe next week, but I will keep a sweater or two handy for cold days. The hardest are the little boys who have short pants. The others it makes less difference (e.g if it gets chilly an older girl can just put a sweater over her blouse). I can't believe there will be more than another wintry day or two at the most. Nights, I'm still leaving fairly warm pjs and quilts for a while.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Apr 20 2006, 11:09 pm
I live in NY. My son is in spring wear right now and cotton stretchies. It all depends on the weather. Today was 75 degrees so he wore a one piece outfit with socks o the street. Later it was colder so he wore a sweater on top of it. I listen to the weather every day. 60-65 degrees, sweater outfit. 68 -78, just an outfit with no sweater. Once it hits 80 he wears shorts.

brooklyn

Post Fri, Apr 21 2006, 7:28 am
Doing it today. After hubby put the Pesach dishes in the attic last night he brought down the bins with the summer stuff in them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics